737 Stalls

mickylearjet

Actually 285knts IAS at 36000 is extremely high speed. 265 be about M.76 and its a very fine line at that altitude. Plane could have broke up if an over speed warning and crash detection is turned on. Should be using Mach indicator above FL240.

CPU: I7 4790K @ 4.5 ghz, GPU and CPU water cooled

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970

MEM: Gskill Rippjaw 1866 17900

MB: Gigabyte Gaming 5 Z97X

Just an additional note: your problem is in understanding what IAS (Indicated Air Speed) is. RAM air pressure drives the airspeed indicator, and the thin air at altitude provides less pressure into the pitot tube than the same ACTUAL speed near sea level, thus the recommendations to rely on your mach meter at higher altitudes, since it works on a different principle.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

very good point Larry. That is why we use Mach speeds above FL240. Its calculated using the parameter you have describes... just for reference use approx M.64 for clmb above FL240 and cruise at .74. Much that depend on the aircraft but its a fairly sound reference.We generally us IAS for descent at 270 or 280 IAS...Of course that is all calulated in the FMC for Dummies......But "I wasnt always out of control" :p

CPU: I7 4790K @ 4.5 ghz, GPU and CPU water cooled

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970

MEM: Gskill Rippjaw 1866 17900

MB: Gigabyte Gaming 5 Z97X

Archived