Black Gauge Gremlin in Project Airbus A380

HoggyDog

I installed this file from the Library: qantas_ultimate_2012_fsx.zip, which contains the Project Airbus A380 and a couple of other models. After running the included auto extractor and pointing it to my FSX:SE installation \Simobjects folder as instructed, I find that all the gauges and displays in the VC (it does not have a 2D panel, sadly) are just black voids. :mad:

So I ran the auto-extractor again, this time pointing it to a temporary folder I made for it, to see what was actually in the self-extracting exe file and verify that everything was actually extracted to where it needs to be, and it is.

I have searched around a bit on "black gauges" and found several hits, most 2-5 years old and none pertaining to the Steam edition of FSX, and none pertaining to this particular aircraft.

Obviously, I can't fly this thing without a working cockpit. So before I uninstall it and continue my quest for an actual, working A340 or A380, does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be going wrong here?

Alternatively, does anyone know of an FSX A380 with both a VC and a 2D panel with working gauges?

i7-10700K @3.8-5.1GHz, 32GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM, GTR-2060 Super 8GB, 2x SSDs

Did your download include a GAUGES folder? I found a good A380 from the projectairbus site and I think a British Airways A380 from here in the library. No VC. if you find a freeware one it use the VC and 2D panel from the default 737 or A321.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Did your download include a GAUGES folder?

No gauges folder, but my other addon aircraft don't have one either.

I found a good A380 from the projectairbus site and I think a British Airways A380 from here in the library. No VC. if you find a freeware one it use the VC and 2D panel from the default 737 or A321.

OK, sorry for my wooden head, but I got lost in there somewhere.

*Was the BAW A380 you got from the Library a Project Airbus model? I just did a search there for "British Airways" and "A380" under FSX jetliners and found only an A370 "concept" airplane that merely mentions an A380 in its description.

*No VC is suboptimal but acceptable for me. I find it considerably more difficult to control knobs & switches when they're bouncing around due to any acceleration or turbulence, so I generally fly tubes from the 2D panel. The VC is great for approaches/landings, though. I'd really like to find one with both VC and 2D panels.

*The Qantas A380 package I got from the Library here was "a freeware one" but it's not using a default 737 or A321 panel. Can you clarify what you meant by "a freeware one?"

Freeware?? Means no money on my planet. Usually when searching for something like an A380, either here or places like Simviation, when a developer says that there is a VC along with a 2D panel, they tend to use a default A321 or 737 setup. I'm not on my computer this week so helping you search ain't gonna happen.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

the project airbus planes work with a base model, and seperate livery's.

Once you have a working model you can just add the other livery's.

try a search (use File Library - advanced search) for:

a380 livery project airbus british airways

(do NOT select 'complete airplane with panel model sound)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The subject file is flawed. It has nothing to do with Steam or FSX. The Airbus panel.cfg has no gauges in any of the windows. Therefore you get no gauges in the Airbus. I don't understand why he did this and included all of the beautiful interior jpg's either when there is no interior model and no camera definitions in the aircraft.cfg. The bus sound is even aliased to the C182 sound. I have removed this A380 from my Airplanes folder and suggest you do to until there is a revision to include the gauges. I have not tried the bus or blimp yet. Maybe these are better. Bob.

The subject file is flawed. It has nothing to do with Steam or FSX. The Airbus panel.cfg has no gauges in any of the windows. Therefore you get no gauges in the Airbus. I don't understand why he did this and included all of the beautiful interior jpg's either when there is no interior model and no camera definitions in the aircraft.cfg. The bus sound is even aliased to the C182 sound. I have removed this A380 from my Airplanes folder and suggest you do to until there is a revision to include the gauges. I have not tried the bus or blimp yet. Maybe these are better. Bob.

Well, I'm disappointed, but I thank you for your perfect, informative response! I'll go recover some Games SSD space now by deleting the entire package, and try to find an A340 or 380 elsewhere.

Archived