I like BlackBox A340.

alexzar14

I realized I can wait for the A340 forever so I bought BBS despite the warnings, it's sold for less than $40.

The AP works alright, tracks and climbs... Flew around a bit to have a feel, then set up a flight KJFK-EDDF, took off from 31L with SKORR3-YNKEE SID, didn't get to descend stage yet. I had a little issue during AP activation (it didn't go the same way as it it with Aerosoft A320, have to learn/practice), otherwise ok.

QW-757 has left me disappointed, not because it is "light", but because it is very loosely programmed - the AP and especially the AT miss the sharpness I am used to, the AT does what it wants to and not what you tell it to do.

BBS-A340 on the other hand does the job and is thus in the "league". The VC visuals are a bit bothersome - the upper part of panel where the AP is housed is too huge, and seeing CRT displays in the A340-600 is strange, but it works and flies, despite Aerosoft's 320 being superior. I gotta find a Lufthansa and AF repaints for the A340-300 and those will be my primary Airbus long range rides.

a340.jpg

I have no such issues with the QW auto throttle. But as long as you're happy with your new bird, it's all good.
CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Speaking of QW757, the AT problem exist in VNAV mode only and it has been confirmed by users. It works fine in VS and LVL CHG modes but doesn't work with VNAV, at all.

Also there are other issues.

I finished the A340 flight and faced a problem with that during approach and landing:

first of all it is hard to decelerate but thats minor, major problems come up on final - at landing speed (it was about 140) the nose had almost no pitch, lower the thrust and VS rate increases, upper the thrust and the nose pitch is near 0. Obvious - programming defects? Also, it's difficult to hand fly it at low REF speed, it has a tendency to roll towards the side you want it to go. I tried the approach with different fuel weights, same thing. Watched videos on youtube - people have same problems. I hope they will address it in version 1.0

Will be trying out the A330 now.

The A330 approach/landing wasn't nice either, same issues with APR mode and landing ref speed.

All attempts to enlarge my initial small hangar of PMDG aircraft with more types are failing due to quality deficiency of many products there are, with exception of few like these:

Airbus-X

Coolsky-MD

Eaglesoft Citation-X

and the grandpa LDS-767

Will try Flight-1 ATR...

Yes, 146!

I already had it but shelved it while trying the other stuff.

One thing that bothered me is a very small font on the AVRO's navigation display making it impossible to read. 146-300 doesn't have this problem because there is a separate analogue airspeed gauge, and I was gonna have a 146-300 my regular ride. I bought it together with PMDG J-41 which stole the attention, and never went back to BAe since.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't like to, unrealistic.

Ok, I've done few flights with Avros, I am most sympathetic to 146-300 but started with Avro because the Honewell AP I am familiar with via PMDG NGX, and the Boeingish FMC (I am well familiar with PMDG J-41 FMC but I don't expect the BAe's be exact same).

One problem (always problems with non-pmdg aircraft) with APR mode active, sometimes it stops descending and levels itself at the altitude that was preset before APR mode activation. I now set the altitude to 0 and that seems to work. Don't know... But otherwise it does the work. Time to try the 146.

Time is a problem, we have very little time ;-(

Don't need more with the little time I have:

PMDG (all)

Aerosoft Bus-X

Coolsky-80s

LDS-767

ES Citation-X

this QW Avro/BAe

Majestic-8, although it is very difficult to hand fly, bugging me a bit.

Archived