FSX Steam

Lord_Nibbo

Rather pleased with my self, I've got FSX Acceleration and FSX Steam Edition on my computer just incase the FSX Steam surpasses FSX Acceleration with any future updates. Why I'm pleased is I've managed to add all my Horizon VFR scenery for all of the UK including the Treescapes addons

plus all my UK 2000 volumes 1,2,3 airports and all my UK2000 Extreme Airports. Also got all my Earth Simulations scenery installed. All I need to do now is to get my Saitek Instrument Panels to work, does anyone know how to get them to work?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1. 16.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3. Graphics 2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 .... 4 X DELL 1920 x 1080 res screens. 1 TByte SSD + 2TByte internal SATA drive +8 TByte External Western Digital Hard Drives (SATA) Backups

Yes ... Nothing.
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1. 16.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3. Graphics 2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 .... 4 X DELL 1920 x 1080 res screens. 1 TByte SSD + 2TByte internal SATA drive +8 TByte External Western Digital Hard Drives (SATA) Backups

Yes ... Nothing.

I use Saitek products too. Try saitek.com. or better yet, saitekdriverassist.com. They always have what I need.

BTW: Yes some members can get pretty snarky. I usually just ignore them

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Well I wouldn't call referring people to existing help as bad as you insist since you also referred to the OP to URLs instead of offering specific help. More often than not, the best use of a helper's time is to help the person to fish and remind them as you did, there are resources available while the person waits for specific help. In my case, I wouldn't believe 500 posts on similar subjects "nothing..." I also have Saitek products and I've acquired all I needed from their installed documentation.

The helper's time is valuable too, and it's very useful to us and everyone else to know what resources the requesting person used before typing 100 useless answers at the problem.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Opened a ticket with Saitek Support this is what they ask

We are sorry to hear that you are not able to use the panel within FSX steam edition. We kindly ask you to provide us with a screenshot of the folder path of the plugin in order to be able to investigate this situation.

Looking forward to your reply.

---------

I have no idea what they mean :(

Opened a ticket with Saitek Support this is what they ask

We are sorry to hear that you are not able to use the panel within FSX steam edition. We kindly ask you to provide us with a screenshot of the folder path of the plugin in order to be able to investigate this situation.

Looking forward to your reply.

---------

I have no idea what they mean :(

Assuming you are using Windows (I no-speaky Mac):

1. Double click the "Computer" icon, which should be at the top left of your Desktop. This opens Windows Explorer. If you don't have the Computer icon on your desktop, click Start then click Computer on the right.

2. Maximize the open window so the entire path will show in the top bar instead of just the last bit of it.

3. Navigate to wherever your Saitek Panel files are by double-clicking each folder in turn. I don't use that, so I don't know.

4. When you can see the actual Saitek Panel files, verify that the full path is shown in the top bar of the window (example: "C: Program Files (x86) | Microsoft | Microsoft Games | FSX" or whatever your path is, then press Alt+PrtScr together to take a screenshot.

NOTE: For reasons unbeknownst to most of the world, Microsoft made showing the full path in the title bar only available in Classic theme, and set it up so that it must be explicitly enabled by going to Control Panel > Folder Options > [View] Tab and ticking the box that says "Display the full path in the title bar (Classic theme only)." :confused:

5. Open Paint by clicking Start, then typing "Paint" into the search window, then clicking Paint.exe when it pops up.

6. In Paint, click the Paste control at the top left of the screen- it looks like a clipboard because your screenshot is in the Windows Clipboard.

7. Click the File control above the Paste control, select Save, then pick a format (PNG or JPG are best) then type in a name for the image file, such as "Saitek Panel Path" or whatever.

8. Reply to Saitek's email and attach the screenshot.

Done. Entire process takes longer to read here than to actually do it. Since I don't have Saitek Panels, I made an example for you using what I DO have- Shockwave Lights. The key to what Saitek is asking you for is the full path displayed in the top bar.

ShockwavePath.png

i7-10700K @3.8-5.1GHz, 32GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM, GTR-2060 Super 8GB, 2x SSDs

Many thanks you explain it very clear.

I have orbx 's au scenery, plus a couple of aussie airports,

a2a cessna 172 and caranado cessna grand caravan 208b's hd and

cargo master versions..

will these work with fsx steam edition ?

I currently have Orbx Aus SP4 scenery and A2A C172 installed on my FSX Steam as well as ants aussie airports, they all seem to work but I'm yet to visit any of the AAA sites.

Archived