Need Jet Truck A/B Help

welkerwin

BETTER UPDATE: I got it to work! Here's how: In the .xml, the parameters were basically as follows: Light types 6 and 7 were ignited at 90% throttle. light types 8 and 9 were ignited at 10% N1. The burners in Shockwave were all set to 8 and 9, meaning they were constantly on. :)

UPDATE: Burners work w/out having to turn lights on, but they stay on continuously no matter the throttle position. I have the A/B gauge installed. Can anyone fix this?

I got the FS Ground Vehicles Shockwave jet truck. Awesome freeware addon, only I would like to be able to do "Burner Pops" (If you've seen the real life shockwave you know what I mean :) If you don't look it up). The only way to get the afterburner effects on is to turn the lights on, because the A/B effect runs through the [LIGHTS] part of the CFG. Is there a way I can set up burners like the ones on the Default F/A-18 where hitting a certain throttle percentage will engage them? I'll use a different burner effect than the puny default one, but does someone know how to do this? P.S. It would be best if it didn't run through the [LIGHTS] section. Thanks!

Volatum Liberum! Feel Free to throw it in Google Translate!

http://i58.tinypic.com/33jloww.png

Rob Barendregt wrote a very very good AB gauge to place in your panel.cfg and aircraft.cfg files. He says

Unlike other gauges (where the Afterburner is coupled to the throttle), this

gauge uses a seperate Afterburner control, which is more realistic.

It can be installed in various aircraft...

It works very very well.

Did you look in the default FA-18's Panel and aircraft.cfg files to see how it's done there? Maybe you can copy the relevant sections over to your truck? Just a thought.

And always remember: BACK UP ANY FILE YOU EDIT!!

To me that's a pretty important thing...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Hmm... do I need to add the gauge to the [Vcockpit1] part of my panel folder, and if so, where to? I tried that gauge already, didn't light the burners when I went above 90%. What do you think I did wrong? What do I add to the aircraft.cfg file? I'm so confused :(

Volatum Liberum! Feel Free to throw it in Google Translate!

http://i58.tinypic.com/33jloww.png

Archived