Summertime has started!

HoratioWondersocks

Actually, it's more spring-ish. After all, the Equinox was just a few nights/days ago. Great time for a celebration, and good ones we had too!

My Sim is getting very Spring-y though, new grass, tree leaves sprouting, bushes getting new foliage...Absolutely fntastic.

And the saying "Spring, when a young man's fancy turns to thoughts of love!" isn't entirely complete, shall we say, if what the young GIRLS are wearing these days is any indicator.

Great flights and fair winds to all!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Here in New South Wales we will be coming off summer time next weekend. Here in Oz summer time is a State law; almost every State government we have ever had has found an irresistable urge to tamper with it. This year we have had a very early autumn and the nights are getting cold. Where's alleged global warming when you need it?
Steve from Murwilllumbah.

As a very wise Native American said of Daylight Savings (Or whatever you call it...):

"If you cut a foot off the top of a blanket, and sew it to the bottom, you haven't made your blanket a foot longer!"

It's an outdated, unnecessary in the extreme, rediculous law, totally artificial and archaic.

But hey, that's just my opinion. And apparently that of a very wise Native American...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

I'm going to permit myslef to disagree, at least in how it pertains to here. In NSW we are at such a latitude range and with a suitable "season profile" that 90+% of the population of the state said, and said again, in two state referenda, that Daylight Savings Time is a great idea. The
Steve from Murwilllumbah.

Actually, it's more spring-ish. After all, the Equinox was just a few nights/days ago. Great time for a celebration, and good ones we had too!

My Sim is getting very Spring-y though, new grass, tree leaves sprouting, bushes getting new foliage...Absolutely fntastic.

And the saying "Spring, when a young man's fancy turns to thoughts of love!" isn't entirely complete, shall we say, if what the young GIRLS are wearing these days is any indicator.

Great flights and fair winds to all!

Pat☺

Hello Pat

The passing seasons and which one we are in can be a little confusing here in the UK.

You are right that its really spring ,but in the UK the day we put are clocks forward (this morning 2am)we call the official start of British summer time.

PS like our friends down under ,here in the UK at clock changeing time we get the endless debate about should we alter the clocks ,should we leave things as they are etc .

Cheers

Andy

I'm going to permit myslef to disagree, at least in how it pertains to here. In NSW we are at such a latitude range and with a suitable "season profile" that 90+% of the population of the state said, and said again, in two state referenda, that Daylight Savings Time is a great idea. The

Yep!

The same here farmers ,roosters,curtains ,kids being mown down in there hoards on dark mornings.

Andy

Heck, if people want it, more power to em!

Personally, I'll stick to the Native American's view.

I lived in Yuma, Az. for almost 30 years (hating every second of it, too!), and we never once did the Daylight Savings thingy, and there's a LOT of farming going on there. No one seemed to miss it at all...

It was kinda nice having the bar (singular!) over in Winterhaven, right across the California border, stay open an extra hour for half the year though. Kinda amazing to watch the mass exodus at 0200 Arizona time over to Winterhaven. Considering it's a whole 5 min ride, from the far end of Yuma, there were quite a few zoooming over as fast as they dared. Cops got to write a lot of tickets and make more than a few DUI arrests every Friday and Saturday nights. Young Marines (myself included!) can get kinda silly when it comes to the booze...Thank goodness I didn't have a car back then!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived