There's also ORBX, with England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales sceneries -- they upgrade everything, airports (with animated people, too) and countryside.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

it's not strictly photoreal scenery so you'll notice some real-life roads are missing,

True, nor did I claim it was photographic, but he asked for upgraded airstrips, stating he already had photographic...

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Check out the freeware FTX Global airports from Orbx, it says you're supposed to have FTX Global and maybe they look better if you have it, but they work fine without. You do need the orbxlibs for all the objects to show up. There are something like 500 airports scattered all around the globe, not too heavy on frames but most are embellished quite a bit with static aircraft, people, vegetation, etc. KAPA in Denver is close to payware quality if not beyond some examples.

I'll be landing at 36U, Heber City, UT in about an hour :) .

Check out Alfs UK Airfields too - they are all over this site under fsx scenery

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

UK2000 Vfr Airfields is what I have. It's pretty good and has about 75 airfields (volume 1 for southern England).

I've downloaded UK2000 Vfr Airfields Demo onto VFR photographic, worked first time, what a difference, sharp Runways, Buildings, Parked aircraft Birds and People a vast improvement on default FSX small strips and airfields.

Archived