Flying AI aircraft

wyatt

I don't know if this can be done but it's worth asking about....I have downloaded an Airbus Beluga Super Transport that was meant for AI only. Is there any way to modify it to fly like an original FS9 model? Or does anyone know of a model to download that is flyable? I used to watch these things take off from Mather Air Force Base in Sacramento and was amazed at how they could even get off the ground!

If anyone can help I would appreciate it very much. Thanks.

There is more to it than just adding a panel Zip. There are Beluga's in the library. They might be for FS2002, but converting for FS9 would be a 'better' (and easier) solution than messing with an AI model (and it's messed up FDEs). I'll see if I have a model (which I did FDEs for years past) and post back.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

You're GUESSING. No, you can't just use the A-300 cfg and air file. That would not work as the MODEL is different (so the cnt pts, etc would be wrong).

There are Beluga for FS9 and FSX by T. Ruth. Just enter 'beluga' in FSCom search and then page thru files. They might be 40+ Mb but they are there. T. Ruth used the B-737 FDEs for his Beluga. So there might be some tweaking required. I plan on working on the Beluga for FS9 tonight. Will post back tamale.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Have you tried adding a panel from one of your flyable aircraft to it?

Yes, I've tried adding panels and a few other tweaks but it flew like a sack of bricks! Impossible to control.

OK, didn't know if you tried that. AI aircraft are not really good flyers without lots of modifications. Stand by and see what napamule2 comes up with.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

The zip file 'ukfs_30046st9.zip' (which inmplys it's for '9', but is actually 'pointing' to fsx) will work in both FS9 and FSX Accell. Did not use 'their' panel, so not sure about the panel. You can use an airbus panel (or the default 737 panel if you get 'stuck' (in fsx)).

The auto throttle doesn't work 'right', but everything else does. Get it and be done with it. No tweaking required. Go fly.

Chuck B

Napamule

Here are the FDEs (cfg and air file) that I tweaked. It was doing overspeed at 364 kts (it should fly at least 450 kts-which it does now without 'overspeed' warning, on 50% power). Share these FDEs with whomever wants them, but just do not use in any 'payware' package-they are FREEWARE- and need to remain that way-or else.

Chuck B

Napamule

Drats..can't post zip file. FSCom won't attach a zip file? Bogus (hehe). I'll be back. Will upload and post back?

Update: I uploaded the FDEs here to FSCom so should be available Mar 29, 2015.

I agree that flying AI planes is not advisable for all the reasons that have been stated by the others above.

I may have misunderstood the OP's original question: Is he trying to get the AI aircraft to show up as a user aircraft in the selection menu?

(The .air file line #105 = 0 dealio)? Or has he already done that part, and now it's a question of tweaking its flight?

My apologies for misunderstanding at first.

-- John

John,

Having to change the section 105 to '=0' (flyable) is one thing. Not all simmers have AirEd and thus are unable to do even that much. Plus the dynamics ('flight') ARE different so sometimes you get a 'bad' deal even if you do 'compile' an AI to be flyable.

My FDEs are uploaded and available for the 'flyable' Beluga (zip link is provided). But it's an 'exe' (self installer) and the results of extraction are best installed to a temp folder due to the folder structure. You can't just install it into main FS9 or FSX folder.

So get the '30046st9.zip' or the 'ukfs_30046st9.zip' (same model) and use my cfg and air file (air file name is different, so must use together).

Then go into cfg and change the line:

'station_load.3="10000.000, 24.500, 0.000, 0.000, Gepäck vorne" to

'station_load.3="10000.000, -24.500, 0.000, 0.000, Gepäck vorne" to get rid of the 'center of gravity violation' error message (ie: change '24.500' to '-24.500').

I am going to work on the auto throttle as it 'surges' but wanted to provide the FDEs and the info now so the OP (and others) can go fly the Beluga NOW. It's 99% so we can't complain too much.

The panel for '60046st9.zip' and for the 'ukfs_60045st9.zip' are different (737 versus Airbus gauges). I used a my own panel. So will also look into panel 'problem' (ie: missing gauges). Today is Sunday and is my 'day off' (ha) so no 'tweaking' today for me.

Chuck B

Napamule

Chuck B (Napamule),

You make excellent points all around as always. Duly noted about not all simmers having access to line #105. and Air Ed.

-- John O'Flaherty (b3 burner)

FWIW I have access to 105 without using AirEd.

I use the AI Aircraft Editor- http://www.owlsnest.eu/tools.php

...for those who would rather not mess with .air files.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Archived