Adding Gauges to VC

boomtisqwerty

Hi guys. I am currently halfway through a flight from Lands End to Scotland in my Carenado Piper Cherokee and a thought just came to mind. Would I be able to add a GPS/Autopilot or other computer things to the VC? I have done so to the 2d panel using FS Panel Studio but that's no use to me as I fly with the VC. Can you open up a VC with this tool and add modern computers to it? This would be useful to me because at the moment I am having to follow the coast all the way up north because of lack of GPS which adds a lot of extra time and uses a lot of extra fuel. Flying several hours VFR around the UK coast can get pretty tiring :pilot: Thanks,

Ryan

That depends on how the VC was made.

I do not have FSPS yet believe it will edit VCs to the extent that they can be edited.

Most VCs have gauges projected on virtual textures that are behind the 3D mesh of the VC. In this case, the mesh has holes cut in it so you can see the gauges. If this is the case there is little you can do. You are limited to the position of the holes.

Occasionally the VC gauges are projected on a virtual texture that is in front of the 3D mesh. If this is the case then you have much more freedom in gauge placement.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

To add to the above, read this- https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?256133-Default-C208B-Magnetic-Compass-Inoperative&p=1721896#post1721896

...and scroll down to post #14 to see how he did it.

peace,

the Bean

Never argue with idiots.

Hmm interesting, I didn't know you could do that. It looks to me like the gauges are in front of the VC textures (from moving the eyepoint to behind the planes VC panel). Since you don't have FSPS yet, you may or may not know the answer to this question: How do you open up the VC? All I can open up right now is the 2d panels. Thanks,

Ryan

It looks to me like the gauges are in front of the VC textures (from moving the eyepoint to behind the planes VC panel).

The distance between the 3D mesh and the virtual texture being so small, I doubt you could ever position the camera between them.

If you moved the camera forward, then turned it 180° to look back at the panel you will not see the gauges anyway. They do not have a "back".

Since you don't have FSPS yet, you may or may not know the answer to this question: How do you open up the VC? All I can open up right now is the 2d panels.

Correct, I cannot answer your question RE: FSPS. You might get better, faster answers posting in the Panel and Gauge forum.

peace,

the Bean

Never argue with idiots.

Ok well this is a lot more complicated than I was expecting. I was thinking something along the lines of: open up the VC, stick a GPS in there and save it but apparently not. I'll do a bit more experimenting and if I don't find anything I will try the Panel and Gauge forum. Thanks Bean for your useful info,

Ryan

Ok well this is a lot more complicated than I was expecting. I was thinking something along the lines of: open up the VC, stick a GPS in there and save it but apparently not. I'll do a bit more experimenting and if I don't find anything I will try the Panel and Gauge forum. Thanks Bean for your useful info,

Ryan

Just curious, Is there no GPS available for this aircraft even as a popup gauge?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived