Double posts

ColR1948

I've noticed a few double posts of late, I actually did one myself not long ago, the reason I did it was when I clicked on the post to send nothing happened so I clicked again then I got a double post, is this what others have experienced?

It's been happening since last weekend! Nels was informed but he says they see nothing wrong with the server! I think if more than 1 person emails the webmaster at our site, they might continue to investigate this problem.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?288655-03-22-2015-00-00-GMT-server-resets

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

It may well not be an issue with the forum or its server but could be your ISP (or something in between). If there is a hiccup returning the data to you after you make a post, the forum may well be doing all it should but you don't have anything to tell you so.

I have seen this happen with other forums and also with credit card payments - on going to check all seems fine.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

It may well not be an issue with the forum or its server but could be your ISP (or something in between). If there is a hiccup returning the data to you after you make a post, the forum may well be doing all it should but you don't have anything to tell you so.

I have seen this happen with other forums and also with credit card payments - on going to check all seems fine.

John

This could be the situation! Rick is asking everyone that has the problem to send him a copy of the CMD prompt tracert to this site to him in a PM.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

It seems to come and go for me. It was doing it on monday and Tuesday, quit for Wednesday and Thursday, now it's doing it again. On mine it either asks "Do you want to leave this page" when I hit the PostQuickReply button, or just jumps to the Advanced page on it's own, which is where it winds up if I hit Yes to the Leave prompt. I've found that if I rclick the Back button on my browser, and go back to the main forum I avoid the doubling up. To actually see my post, I just hit refresh, and then the thread again, and LO!, thar she blows!

But all this is just my comp. Others may well be totally different.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

I get that 'glitch' too. What I do is click ONCE on 'post quick reply' (or 'submit post' if I add attachment) and then click up top on link to 'main' thread, or even back to 'forum' link. When I go look, it's there. Simple work around.

I suspect it might have something to do with loading adverts (on sidebar). I think the workings of the 'placeholder' might be a 'problem' (code? syntax?) when there is actually no graphic or flash to 'show'.

Chuck B

Napamule

PS/Edit: Oh, when you get message askign if you want to 'leave' or 'remain on page', just 'x' it and hit your browser BACK ARROW ('go back one page'). The post will still be posted and you will be back to thread. This is only way around that glitch.

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

When I post I get the rolling circle as though it is trying to catch up then I get the prompt to either stay or leave the page and if I leave my data may be lost so just in case I copy what I wrote if it does get lost so I don't have to type it all again but up to now it has been there when I leave and come back.

On mine it either asks "Do you want to leave this page" when I hit the PostQuickReply button

Yes, I had that when I posted my message above - I'm not sure why as I have never experienced this before - I would venture to suggest this is a separate issue and is indeed a bug in the forum software.

I assume the forum is driven by a commercial product and as they tend to produce updates from time to time this may be something inadvertantly introduced by the developers - and will probably be fixed at the next update.

John

Edit . . . didn't happen this time!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

Quote:'..bug in the forum software.'

I would not assume that. What is probably happening is there is/are change(s) as to HOW the forum ('software') interacts with your BROWSER (Internet Explorer or FireFox) when it comes to 'presenting' you with 'active content' (ie: advertisement graphics or flash files). I am sure it will be 'worked out'. Hang in there.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived