I think I am addicted to payware. And its making FSX smaller for me.

beany_bot

Has anyone else found themselves getting addicted to payware? And by that, I don't directly mean buying more and more, but once youve got some good airports and planes, you just cant bring yourself to fly stock planes and can't fly into stock airports? I've found recently that I just can't bring myself to fly to stock airports and this is really limiting the places I fly to. I have some cracking airports (mostly UK) that I have purchased, and after having used them for a while, the normal airports just seem unbearable. I don't know, probably a weird post but I feel FSX is smaller for me now strangely.

me too.

I wouldnt concider my self addict because i dont play fsx everyday.

You have a big garage, full of 15000$ vehicles, once you put a peugot, bmw, or ferrari

in it, we all know you wont go back to hyundai...

I have many payware, since then, i only fly default when testing tweeks or video rendering

i even changed some mission default aircraft to my payware.

But i dont recommend to have lots of them installed.

I recently found out some conflict between leveld767 and b737 arianne

wich results in aircraft never starting on cold n dark.

I uninstalled leveld and now arianneb737 is starting on cold dark.

i wont dare buying airports, or else ill do bankruptcy...

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

me too.

I wouldnt concider my self addict because i dont play fsx everyday.

You have a big garage, full of 15000$ vehicles, once you put a peugot, bmw, or ferrari

in it, we all know you wont go back to hyundai...

I have many payware, since then, i only fly default when testing tweeks or video rendering

i even changed some mission default aircraft to my payware.

But i dont recommend to have lots of them installed.

I recently found out some conflict between leveld767 and b737 arianne

wich results in aircraft never starting on cold n dark.

I uninstalled leveld and now arianneb737 is starting on cold dark.

i wont dare buying airports, or else ill do bankruptcy...

Oh the airports can be soooooo good. At least try get your local airport as I assume you fly out of there fairly often? What is your local airport by the way?

Oh the airports can be soooooo good. At least try get your local airport as I assume you fly out of there fairly often? What is your local airport by the way?

my "default" airport is montreal.(CYUL)

i often do short flights as CYUL/KJFK, CYUL/KBOS, CYUL/CYYZ

also, CYUL/KMIA, CYUL/KORD, CYUL/KLAX (I love los angeles airport) and also france/england , france/germany flights.

That is a lot of $$$ to invest...

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Has anyone else found themselves getting addicted to payware? And by that, I don't directly mean buying more and more, but once youve got some good airports and planes, you just cant bring yourself to fly stock planes and can't fly into stock airports? I've found recently that I just can't bring myself to fly to stock airports and this is really limiting the places I fly to. I have some cracking airports (mostly UK) that I have purchased, and after having used them for a while, the normal airports just seem unbearable. I don't know, probably a weird post but I feel FSX is smaller for me now strangely.

As long as you limit yourself to payware your world will indeed shrink - but why would you do that?

Quality doesn't necessarily equal payware (or the other way around, lol ...). There is lots of good free scenery available, both here on Flightsim and on other FS sites, that will improve your stock scenery considerably. There may not be so many animated bunnyrabbits but then again bunnyrabbits are pretty hard to spot unless you are really close to them. :)

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

my "default" airport is montreal.(CYUL)

i often do short flights as CYUL/KJFK, CYUL/KBOS, CYUL/CYYZ

also, CYUL/KMIA, CYUL/KORD, CYUL/KLAX (I love los angeles airport) and also france/england , france/germany flights.

That is a lot of $$$ to invest...

Well at least for your home Airport - http://www.flytampa.org/cyul.html

It doesn't get any better than flytampa. Their scenery is outstanding. I totally recommend it, you will be blown away over what you are used to .

As long as you limit yourself to payware your world will indeed shrink - but why would you do that?

Quality doesn't necessarily equal payware (or the other way around, lol ...). There is lots of good free scenery available, both here on Flightsim and on other FS sites, that will improve your stock scenery considerably. There may not be so many animated bunnyrabbits but then again bunnyrabbits are pretty hard to spot unless you are really close to them. :)

Oh yeah totally agree, I do use freeware when I can (Antigua VFR scenery is outstanding) and I have a bunch of freeware. I was really meaning I cant do stock anymore. For example, if I get the notion to fly somewhere (lets say Detroit). First thing I do before even starting fsx is search for add-on scenery (be that payware or freeware) because I know arriving with default scenery will be a let-down. My point is, before finding add-on scenery, default scenery wasn't disappointing.

I bought FSX SE on a whim in January after buying a flight stick to play Elite Dangerous. Oh my god what an expensive mistake that has turned out to be! I've been PC gaming for years but never ventured into Flight Sim, I'm thinking now why the hell not!? I love it. I've already racked up over 200 hours since mid Jan, that includes working 40 hours a week and I have 2 small kids as well! How I have racked up 200 hours is beyond me, my missus is definitely not happy lol.

In terms of cost I have spent at least £400 on upgrading the sim which includes every Orbx scenery addon, Rex Weather engine, FS Global 2010, Ezdok Camera, 3 UK2000 airports, A2A Cessna 182 aircraft and probably a few more things I can't remember.

The level of authenticity in this "game" blows my mind everytime I play it.

Well at least for your home Airport - http://www.flytampa.org/cyul.html

It doesn't get any better than flytampa. Their scenery is outstanding. I totally recommend it, you will be blown away over what you are used to .

Yeah, i know about flytampa airports, i downloaded the demo version

and it reduces my Pc performance a lot.

so my plans to buy it are on hold right now..

I grab the credit card statements, tear them into small pieces and throw them down the toilet so my wife doesn't know how much I spend on FSX and TS2015.....

Ok, so I am joking - but am trying to persuade her we should shop in lidl instead of Waitrose so there's more money to spend on simulation addons.

It is so easy to spend money on payware addons as there is so much wonderful stuff available; I do ration myself to things I REALLY want - I am particularly into older stuff like the A2A Stratocruiser, Captain Sim 707 etc etc and I would be in major trouble if there were retro sceneries available; If someone was to bring out a '1960's Heathrow' or 1960's european airports scenery I'd sell the cat to pay for it!

So to any payware developers reading this, a heartfelt plea - don't make any high quality 60's scenery unless you have room for a homeless cat........

I would be in major trouble if there were retro sceneries available; If someone was to bring out a '1960's Heathrow' or 1960's european airports scenery I'd sell the cat to pay for it!

So to any payware developers reading this, a heartfelt plea - don't make any high quality 60's scenery unless you have room for a homeless cat........

http://www.calclassic.com/scenery.htm

I have tried several of these FS2004 scenery files in my FSX and they seem to work!

Scroll through and you will find some for Europe.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

http://www.calclassic.com/scenery.htm

I have tried several of these FS2004 scenery files in my FSX and they seem to work!

Scroll through and you will find some for Europe.

Thanks mrzippy; I did try some of the CalClassic sceneries that I knew (and loved!) in FS2004 and found some elements didn't show; there were a number of missing things sadly - I also dug out FS2004 ACOF and copied the scenery and texture files for the areas needed which did work but I'm assuming that some items are also used in FSX in these new type larger combined type scenery files, as on some default sceneries there were texture conflicts which I am guessing is caused by the placement of two items in the same place, by the FSX bgls and the FS2004 bgl files but calling different textures..... I think many of the FSX default objects are actually FS9 objects with different textures.

I don't have the knowledge to edit the files to eliminate the issue which is a pity......

The problem vanished once I restored the pre-tinker scenery and texture folders so it has to be something along those lines.

I guess I could have two installs of FSX - I'd love to be able to use the 60's Heathrow and Gatwick (and other European sceneries) but worry that a dual install could cause even more problems!

I also considered using FS9 as a means of using the retro stuff but the drawback with that is I suspect the recent aircraft - A2A Strat for example - would not work properly if at all.......

I have been using MSFS since the 2002 version. For about 10 years I looked forward to finding new freeware plane to add. Then in 2012 I bought an A2A plane. I was hooked, the default and 95% of the freeware planes were just outdated. Everything was compared to an A2A or Sibwings plane. I sometimes download a freeware plane but it usually gets removed after one flight.

Having gotten into payware planes has taken a little bit of the fun out of flightsimming, as everything is compared to what I would call the best of the best.

But I do have admiration for those who make freeware planes available to the public.

I wish I had some of the knowledge needed to put together a plane.

Zinertek HD Airport Graphics have immeasurably improved stock airports for me. I heartily recommend this global add on, it has freed me up, allowing me to fly to stock airports I normally would not.

- Paul Elliott

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Come and follow my recreation of this historic light here: HERE

I am not against anything re flight simulators.....but after two decades I am not cynical or critical either becuz a lot of hard work by many are doing the best they can to make this hobby fun and educational for others.....Having said that...I, like many others , have spent mucho dollars on this hobby and in my case I just now buy what I like rather than just getting the next thing on the market....so....most of what I have now is payware which includes scenery, aircraft and airports....but I also have a lot of the default stuff that for me is still okay.....no problems....al v...

• 2 years later...
I can relate to what you are saying absolutely....but I am presently flying with well over 90 % default scenery(airports etc) and I find it quite good...But I am now flying in P3D V4..AND YES I still have FSX with the Payware of which you speak...the modern sim developers are amazing.

Im starting to put my own list together of add ons.

So far the standards seems to be ORbx and rex for weather and clouds..But what are the best add ons for airports? Im mainly going to NA and Europe.My favorite are night landings..

What do yall recommend for airport add ons in FSX payware because I want the best for my 737 home cockpit sim...

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X: Motherboard: MSI X470 GAMING PRO CARBON : 16GB DDR4 3000MHz:

MSI GeForce GTX 1070 TI graphics card.

Archived