REX Textures/Soft Clouds will not install

Whisperjet727

Greetings All,

I just purchased REX textures and soft clouds package and I get the following error: “the version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you are running” (blah blah blah). Has anyone else had this issue installing? REX’s tech support has much to be desired, I cant even view the forums to search for a possible resolution (and yes I registered and verification). Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards!

• 5 weeks later...
Greetings All,

I just purchased REX textures and soft clouds package and I get the following error: “the version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you are running” (blah blah blah). Has anyone else had this issue installing? REX’s tech support has much to be desired, I cant even view the forums to search for a possible resolution (and yes I registered and verification). Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards!

I don't have the solution, but, just to sympathize with you, I bought Rex 4 a while back, and had it running OK for a while, I guess. Then when the soft clouds was ballyhooed and made available I bought both the hype and the software. Never could get it installed. I went through all the jumping through hoops to be able to get on their "Help" forum, and finally just lost interest due to all the BS involved - life's too short. That was my first and only experience with a software house forcing customers to endure trial by fire to get help with issues.

Finally uninstalled Rex 4 and back to business as usual again. And as a licensed pilot, honestly, the P3D clouds aren't that bad, especially with ASN running. I never really thought all the other stuff in Rex 4 made any noticeable difference, except the cost in frame rates.

Archived