How To Add A "Tail" View To Default And Add-On Aircraft

Guest supamonkey2000

Guest supamonkey2000

This tutorial will show you how to add a "tail" view to aircraft (default and add-on). First thing (of course), you'll need and aircraft. Whether it's downloaded or default, this will work. If it's add-on, first install it as you should through the "read me" file you recieved with the download. Now were ready to start. Go into your aircrafts root folder. There should be a file called "aircraft.cfg" or similar. Open this. Check if it has any lines reading:

[CameraDefintion.0]

Title = "Tail"

If it has this, you might be ok. Now check for this line:

Description = Looking forward from behind the aircraft

If you have this line, you will be good to go. If you have the first two lines but not the second, you will need to fix the .cfg file. If you dont have ANY lines that say ""Tail"", them heres what you do:

Match all your lines under "[CameraDefinition.0]" to match this next picture. If you dont have these lines, and them in under the [General] section as you see here.

image.jpg

The only things you may need to change are these:

image.jpg

Look in other default aircraft .cfg files to find the correct numbers. I suggest the Boeing 737 for large aircraft, Beechraft King Air 350 for medium, and Beechcraft Baron 58 for small.

Now, you should be good to go! Select your aircraft in FSX, hit "Alt", go to Views > Aircraft > Tail. If it doesnt work, just ask me for help through this post.

Archived