ATC Recommendations?

Whisperjet727

Good day to you all!

I was wondering if there is a consensus regarding a good ATC addon? I’m using P3D and the ATC AI is lacking to say the least. I’ve been flying for 20 years (real world) and I can say I’ve never been “handed off” 13 times for a short hop, say 100 miles or so, maybe 4 at the most. Nor have I been vectored in so many different directions while approaching an airport that the track looks like a drunkard was at the controls!

I’ve seen a few different solutions, including the “live” services. Does anyone have any recommendations or opinions?

Many thanks!

Good day to you all!

I was wondering if there is a consensus regarding a good ATC addon? I’m using P3D and the ATC AI is lacking to say the least. I’ve been flying for 20 years (real world) and I can say I’ve never been “handed off” 13 times for a short hop, say 100 miles or so, maybe 4 at the most. Nor have I been vectored in so many different directions while approaching an airport that the track looks like a drunkard was at the controls!

I’ve seen a few different solutions, including the “live” services. Does anyone have any recommendations or opinions?

Many thanks!

I used to use Radar Contact v4, then moved to Voxatc (and Proatc x which seems OK but still has the odd anomaly occurring).

As I am not a real world pilot I have no idea if Voxatc is remotely like the real thing but it gets me from A to B in an interesting and immersive way so, as far as it goes, it works for me.

I have used Proatc-x before and after its major upgrade and it is very well done but very occasionally it will forget to give me heading instructions and I find that a bit annoying, so for the moment I am back to Vox atc which also has had a major update and works very well.

The best thing is to get demo versions, if you can, and use them thoroughly before you decide which you prefer.

I have used Proatc-x before and after its major upgrade and it is very well done but very occasionally it will forget to give me heading instructions and I find that a bit annoying, so for the moment I am back to Vox atc which also has had a major update and works very well.

The best thing is to get demo versions, if you can, and use them thoroughly before you decide which you prefer.

Archived