New planes will not load in x-plane

alfme

No new planes, free ware or pay ware, will load in my x-plane 10.32 on my 64 bits Windows 8 machine. I get error messages referring to missing airfoil of sort. If the plane load it will appear as a flying cockpit with no airplane fuselage and wings. Sometime only instruments. First time it was funny, but now it is rather frustrating. Does any of you have a clue to what is causing this problem?

Installing planes should be as easy as dropping a folder into the Aircraft directory.

It is possible that you're missing one or more airfoils in X-plane's main "Airfoils" folder. You should never touch those.

Custom airfoils reside in the aircraft's "Airfoils" sub-folder, but older versions don't always work with XP10.

BTW, it would be of great help if you could be a bit more specific about these error messages.

No new planes, free ware or pay ware, will load in my x-plane 10.32 on my 64 bits Windows 8 machine. I get error messages referring to missing airfoil of sort. If the plane load it will appear as a flying cockpit with no airplane fuselage and wings. Sometime only instruments. First time it was funny, but now it is rather frustrating. Does any of you have a clue to what is causing this problem?

Can you please post your log.txt found in X-Plane's main directory.

Cheers

Dom

M

Can you please post your log.txt found in X-Plane's main directory.

Cheers

Dom

I'll try to load some aircrafts that I did not load properly before, and send the text.log file. I did that with a bug report too, but never got any reply.

Installing planes should be as easy as dropping a folder into the Aircraft directory.

It is possible that you're missing one or more airfoils in X-plane's main "Airfoils" folder. You should never touch those.

Custom airfoils reside in the aircraft's "Airfoils" sub-folder, but older versions don't always work with XP10.

BTW, it would be of great help if you could be a bit more specific about these error messages.

I only drop the aircraft file in the designated folder without altering anything. When starting the x-plane I get an error message informing of a missing Airfoil, and that I have to contact the designer to get an umpdate. This even happens with a pay ware airplane. And I can't see any one else telling about similar problems with any free ware or pay ware aircrafts.

Hm, as Freddy De Pues suggested, I'd normally recommend to update the airfoils with Airfoil-Maker. But it's weird that so many planes seem to be affected.

My best guess is that either one of the files in the main Airfoils folder got corrupted, or maybe it has a slightly different name. You can open the offending aircraft in Plane-Maker and check for the airfoils that particular plane uses.

Otherwise it's waiting for the log.txt.

Since I always have problem loading pay ware and free ware aircrafts to my X-plane 10, I'll include my text.file this time. Perhaps this will tell why the aircrafts does not load. I do nothing else than drop the files in the aircraft folders. I never change anything, espesially not the preloaded files coming With X-plane.

OK, in this particular instance X-plane is complaining it can't find a file called A380.afl, neither in the Aircraft/Heavy Metal/A380-800/airfoils/ subfolder, nor in the Airfoils folder.

Can you confirm that his particular file A380.afl does indeed reside in either one of the two above mentioned folders? Spelling has to be absolutely correct, both of the file and the directories. To avoid any misunderstandings, all those directories are of course preceded by D:\X-Plane 10/

If not, there's your problem.

If yes, are you able to load that file (A380.afl) in Airfoil-Maker ?

If not, does removing the A380-800 aircraft from your X-Plane 10 still cause similar problems with other aircraft ?

To be perfectly honest, the log.txt doesn't seem to give any other indications of what might have gone wrong.

Except perhaps ...

My last piece of advice is that it's always best to install X-plane to the Desktop (which is the default), rather than to a C: or D: directory.

Archived