how keep box "avoid collision with dynamic objects" unchecked ?

Hi Falks,

before i gone airborne i uncheck the box "can collide with dynamic objects or dynamic scenery" to avoid collision on the ground. But during flying the box goes checked again so i uncheck it before landing once more. In some cases i notice that after landing the box is checked again and i collide with ground vehicules. I notice it when i open the window. Sometimes its unchecked, sometimes checked again.

How can i eliminate or keep that box unchecked. I do not want to uncheck the box "aircraft can cause stress damage", just want to keep unchecked the box can collide with dynamic scenery.

Please help.

Thanks.

Greats,

Andy, EDDS

Try checking it before you load the aircraft. If you load the aircraft from a saved flight, take a look at the checkbox after loading the flight to see if it's in the correct state.

If you are SURE it's changing in the air (unexpected) make sure you are not making any other option changes while in the air.

I have not had this setting change on me, so something unusual going on with you.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

I put my aircraft at gate position. uncheck the box. then change date, load passengers, make some entries in the menu. After that checking the box it is still unchecked.

I take off. After some time i check it again and the box is checked. I didnt make any menu chences during the flight. When flying, the box changes from unchecked to checked. Before i land i uncheck it again. Mostly times this works but sometimes i crash because of collision with ground vehicule or when check the box again its checked again.

My best guess is you may have an add-on messing with your FS during flight which confuses FS or you are letting yourself get confused as to its status.

Again your situation is unusual. This setting normally does not change without the user action.

According to the FSX SDK, programs and gauges can READ the status of the "REALISM CRASH WITH OTHERS"

and

"REALISM CRASH DETECTION"

... but cannot modify it. This also means there is no keyboard assignment for these so supposedly, you cannot assign a key or joystick action to it.

FSX itself only changes the FSX.CFG during program shut down, so it's not your CFG which is changing.

As far as the sim is concerned with menu options, there is no difference between sitting on the ground and in flight. Since in my many years experience with the sim I have not seen this happen, and according to documentation MS has not provided access to this option outside the menu, I have no suggestion to fix your problem because I believe it to be impossible.

My best guess is you are activating the menu by accident and not seeing that you are doing so, using some kind of button press sequence which activates the cursor, and pressing the enter or other key are cycling this menu, doing it so fast you don't notice. A runaway mouse driver can do stuff like this.

or...

You need to keep the cat away from the computer while on those long autopilot flights.

If you continue to have trouble, a simple gauge can be constructed which lets you know the status of the crash option and you'll know EXACTLY when it changes.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

If you know how to make custom panel changes (adding/removing gauges on panels) contact me private. I'll construct a basic black panel showing the status of these settings so you can see when they change and try to identify the actions you or your add-ons might be making.

-Pv-

Another thought is if you are using the paid version of FSUIPC. Maybe something misconfigured there or corrupt ini. I have not seen FSUIPC misbehave in this way nor have I seen this reported on the FSUIPC forum.

-Pv-

I suspect SBK was referring to the technique which is most effective at discovering the cause prior to knowing it. In the fspassenger thread where the OP asked for a solution and got it, the OP had discovered the cause through observing the status of a text gauge which interrogated the crash detect flag.

If the OP had used the oft neglected technique of eliminating add-ons earlier in the diagnostic process as SBK suggests, he would have visited the fspassengers forum for a solution several days sooner.

I still find it amazing that most people suspect add-ons LAST and FSX FIRST for anything they think is unusual.

-Pv-

Perhaps the OP could uncheck the box, then exit the sim -- this writes it to the .cfg file. On restarting the sim it should still be unchecked. Perhaps that could make it less likely to change.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

"Perhaps the OP could uncheck the box, then exit the sim"

Nope. FSP resets it again. The correct solutions are:

1) Don't crash the plane while using the add-on

2) Modify the program as suggested in the FSP forum in message 13.

3) Not use fspassengers.

What was REALLY bothering the OP was could not get FS to ignore his crashes which kinda defeats the purpose of rating the quality of your passenger's ride if you crash the plane?

-Pv-

Archived