FSX Steam beta available until 16th for owners

jandjfrench

Hi,

http://steamcommunity.com/app/314160/discussions/1/617329505864354279/

Install instructions are down in the Update section. I've installed and haven't checked thoroughly but haven't noticed any problems.

This got my attention "FSX: Steam Edition can now be used in Steam’s offline mode." I recall there was some concern expressed about the need to be online to run it.

I'm not sure about the browser changes. I was hoping hyperlinks would work on the kneeboard like they do in FS9.

Jim F.

I installed the update but all seemed great with the default fsx aircraft but my PMDG 777 did not have any gauges lite up nor did the landing gear show up when the planes were loaded....so I opted out of the update and now all is good like before....there was a note about FUSIPC from DTG but I have the latest version and not a guru....so I am back at the original Steam and will await further updates....just to let people know my experience...so I will continue my Steam flight to Tucson fm Rio..right now..lol...al v

Hi al,

Probably be a good idea to post your findings at the bottom of the page linked to. The problem you stated here seems to be sufficient.

Here's a quote from the site:

2. Any functions which are not working as expected but worked prior to installing the update. In other words did the update break anything?

I haven't noticed any improvement but I haven't checked much.

Jim F.

I installed the update but all seemed great with the default fsx aircraft but my PMDG 777 did not have any gauges lite up nor did the landing gear show up when the planes were loaded....so I opted out of the update and now all is good like before....there was a note about FUSIPC from DTG but I have the latest version and not a guru....so I am back at the original Steam and will await further updates....just to let people know my experience...so I will continue my Steam flight to Tucson fm Rio..right now..lol...al v

You might try reinstalling the three legacy simconnects in the SDK folder.

The symptoms you show are about what PMDG claims will happen if they aren't

installed. I just updated to the beta and my NGX still runs OK, so it didn't seem to

flush mine, which I had just installed when the NGX steam SP came out 2-3 days ago.

But worth a shot.. My NGX did that until I installed those. They suggest installing all

three, which I did..

These are the exact instructions from PMDG that came with the NGX steam version..

1) Navigate an explorer window to this folder:

\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\lib

(By default the is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common

\FSX)

2) Run the SimConnect.msi installer file inside the folder by double-clicking.

3) Navigate to this folder:

\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces

4) Inside this folder are three more folders that each contain a SimConnect.msi file - run

all three of them.

Once you have all four steps completed, you should be all set!

Again thanks..but my problem seems to be after two days of searching on my computer I cannot find \SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\lib

(By default the is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common

\FSX) ..I loaded Steam on drive E on my system and I cannot find that or any similar file on Steam....so I will keep it as delivered by Steam......al v

Then it should be at E:\fssteam\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK

Or at least that is the folder names with mine which was installed on my "J" drive.

BTW, I think I may have made the "fssteam" folder myself, so it's possible it's

e:\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK in your case.

Archived