Please advise with sensitivity settings in XP.

alexzar14

Hello, I have a demo version which I am trying to get familiar with before buying a copy and starting with addons.

There is a crucial issue right now that I need to resolve before going any further.

Generally, I can assign all functions/buttons the same was as I have it with FSX so that is convenient. I do like it, I don't compare it to FSX and treat it for what it is.

My problem is the vertical stability and the sensitivity:

1. Aircrafts tend to pitch up/down despite the trimming.

2. (even more serious) - sensitivity. Aircrafts (big or small) over respond to even very small yoke inputs (I use CH yoke). I move yoke fee millimeters up/down and the aircraft will for like 600-800 fpm up or down (generally speaking).

Please advise on these issues, would like to go past it and start-seriously.

ok I have figured the sensitivities and null zones and etc... twins fly more or less ok but there is still a problem with a C-172 (assumingly with all lights and singles I would buy/install) that I wasn't able to solve:

Can't take off, it tends to throw itself leftwards. As it reaches 24-30 knots it is no longer controllable (rudder, diff breaks, aileron/yoke whatever). And at 45-50 knots it will go in a circle pattern. In the air it does flight straight although has a huge tendency to roll to the left. On the ground - a circle. PLEAAASSEEE..........

Anyway, I ordered a Global copy assuming the problem is resolvable (not fully but to some great extent).

Hi Alex.

The same problem exists in the full version. It's a problem that Laminar / developers failed to acknowledge and address. The more Xwind you have the worse it gets, to the point that it becomes useless. It is Not a hardware issue.

There is no fix for it that I know of, at this point, it has to be done by developers. There are adjustments you can make to the flight model to minimize the left / right turning in flight. TV

That sounds upsetting but we have two manual solutions as you say, bringing-in a bit of optimism... let's see:

1. we can minimize the wind strength.

2. (this one I like more) adjustments to be made to flight model. At this point I have no idea how to, but we'll get to this later as I go deeper into XP experience.

I watched a video on Utube with this very C172, the guy seems to be able to take off with it:

Oh boy, the worms are out of the can ... :)

I watched a video on Utube with this very C172, the guy seems to be able to take off with it:

Alex,

there is (a lot of) controversy around the roll stability during straight and level flight (no X-winds) in X-Plane

However, the need to apply right rudder during takeoff is fairly realistic in the X-Plane flight model, so I seriously think there has to be something wrong with your setup.

Oh boy, the worms are out of the can ... :)

Alex,

there is (a lot of) controversy around the roll stability during straight and level flight (no X-winds) in X-Plane

However, the need to apply right rudder during takeoff is fairly realistic in the X-Plane flight model, so I seriously think there has to be something wrong with your setup.

I now think it is the hardware indeed.

I am not into the roll effect discussion (we're past that subject), the problem is the ground steering. I can steer (any) aircraft at speeds up to 15 knts. Above 15 knts I can't steer any aircraft (single, twin like B58, Kingair, 747 jet, whatever).

A single like C172 will go in circles, and other aircraft with accelerate straight forward although no corrections to direction would be possible - there is NO response to steering inputs at speed above 15-20 knts.

Steering (the nose wheel tiller) assigned to CH pedals, the yoke is doing the pitch and roll.

Come on guys it must be a simple problem to solve, a matter of some option being checked or unchecked... I use a common hardware by CH.

Perhaps this tiller business I must reassign to something else...

ok I found a solution: disabled the pedal toe breaking and this made possible the ground steering with the yoke (aileron roll/ground steering combined).

Still, it takes a full right-deflection to keep the C172 straight on centerline.

Baron/Kingair ok but the dynamics... crazy behavior especially prior to touch down.

Big jets is the only thing that is flyable and even that has problems: any change in power/thrust or flap setting results in a radical change of vertical speed, so I don't know...

Hi Alex.

Wat you are describing is a different problem than the one you described earlier.

If you have No wind any / all of the planes should be manageable on the ground.

Post a pic. with your controller settings. It sounds more like you may have the same function assigned to two buttons of one or maybe two controllers.

Can you post what / how many controllers you have, Yoke and pedals and the assignments?

Look for something like the pics below to post. You can take a Screen shot, Shift+Space, if you are in Window mode, Rendering uncheck Full screen.TV

XP-Nul.jpgXP-Asgn.jpg

Hi Alex.

Try to assign the Yaw to what is now your Tiller and reduce your Null to about 20%.

If your ruder pedals are what is assigned to Tiller. If not assign your Ruder pedals to Yaw and remove the Tiller assignment. TV

Archived