So nearly there just 1 remaining graphics issue

beany_bot

So its taken a number of week but I've finally got FSX running stable, good FSX and lovely graphics. Plus a host of Addons and using Vpilot and VATSIM.

So thats all good!

There is just 1 graphical issue renaming. When I am panning around my airplane in spot view sometimes (often) there will be a bit of screen tearing (i think that's what it is) like a line that runs rapidly up the screen making it look kind of jelly like briefly. Hard to describe. basically lines on the screen that move about (up I think) and cause a weird temporary jelly like effect. Not actual physical lines of any type of colour, just disturbances in the graphics. I think that is "screen tearing"?

I didn't have this when I used to use fullscreen mode (or certainly much much less), but now I'm using Vpilot I have to use windowed mode (with borderless application).

I have my Nvidea inspector settings to vSync 1/2 rate and frame rate limiter to 30FPS. (in game it is set unlimited).

Like I said, on the whole I am really happy with it but if I could Iron out this last bug it would be great.

Aha! After lots of googling I found this over on simforums which I will try

"If that is still not working you can try driver 301.24 (or later) with NvidiaInspector 1.964 (or later)

The new Nvidia drivers 301.24 and later have (further) reduced tearing and stutters but require an 1/2 Vsync entry in NvidiaInspector to work.

(all or nothing; driver 301.24 or later + NvidiaInspector 1.964 with 1/2 Vsync entry + FSX fixed at 30fps internally or it will not work)

This 1/2 Vsync setting however does not work in FSX windowed mode.

To make it work in windowed mode I can either add

ForceVsync=True (or is it ForceWindowedVsync=true?) to the .cfg file under [Display], "

I will try putting ForceWindowedVsync=1 in my .cfg

Some people say =true some say =1, I assume the computer treats these the same?

The only way I was able to get rid of screen tearing was by setting Water effects: High 2.x in the FSX Settings SCENERY tab.

Each system is different, however, so this may or may not be of any help for your system.

Mike Mann

Archived