VSKYLABS 'Scratch-Built RC Legends' spoiler thread

VSKYLABS new project:

A complete, professional, radio controlled package for X-Plane 10.

Mission is to be a knock-out competition and a best choice R/C simulation for R/C pilots.

Release date is expected to be somewhere around October 2015.

The package is including an interactive ('everything you see can damage your plane') R/C airfield, equipped with take-off ramps, pylon poles, obstacles etc. View point of the R/C pilot is set-up to the right spot, ready for action.

The package contains detailed and amazing 'giant scale' R/C model airplanes such as the D.H.88 Comet, the P-38, the Grumman SkyRocket and more. Some models are 'FPV' ready, which means that you can fly them as real FPV models.

Flight performance of the models is the most important part in the concept, and it is simply AMAZING.

I will add to this thread videos, screenshots and further information so that if anyone is interested in this project, he could follow it's progress from here.

You can follow the project also at http://www.vskylabs.com website.

Here are some new screenshots of the P-38 FPV R/C model.

VSKYLABS SCRATCH BUILT RC LEGENDS 800.pngP38 FPV 800 4.png

It seems to me, that to be of value to RC pilots the sim should work with a fixed ground view as in real life.

Hi.

You are absolutely right, and it's a basic feature in this package.

But, many RC pilots nowadays use FPV equipment on their RC models, and you can practice spatial orientation, take off and landing operations and even aerobatics by using FPV point of view in a simulator.

Looks very realistic.

I flew RC planes in the 60's and 70's, and using an FPV sounds scary to me - but then I am probably just old fashioned - LoL!

New technology sometimes can be scary, but it is so simple. You just tape some ready made components into your plane, wear FPV glasses, and the rest is the most intuitive thing in the world :)

You'll take one of today's common, young and eager, 'FPV' and RTF generation RC pilot, and send him back in time to the 60' and you'll see how real fear looks like, when he'll get a pile of balsa plywood sheets and glue, having to explore a blueprint, using many tools and techniques to put it together into a flying model, and then having to use those radio transmitters, with all those double frequencies in the flying field...

But then those professional, 'new generation' young guys are taking this hobby into new frontiers.

By the way, I'm old fashioned also, but my RC flying career started in the early 80'.

Thanks for your comment :)

This is a short video from the final test and evaluation phase of the giant scale VSKYLABS D.H.88 Comet RC model airplane, which is one of several professional giant scale RC models within the package.

Landing this tough model airplane is challenging,

but then it's the best simulation training aid for giant scale RC models :cool:

Here is a short video of the VSKYLABS Giant scale RC P-38 model airplane, losing it's left engine, at 10 feet above ground level, right after take off. (you can setup or schedule system failures in the simulation).

The reason for not taking the plane off the ground too early is that it needs airspeed to cope with potential engine failure right after take off.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived