Taking the step to networking

Hi everyone!,

I am a new member but have been reading this site for a fair while, and so far it has solved any problems I have had.

My reason for posting is that I am building a general purpose cockpit to allow me to fly whichever plane I feel like and not be stuck in a GA cockpit for an airliner or a jet cockpit for GA, so far I have a main PC ( I5 quad 3.6ghz, 8GB ddr3, Amd R9 280 dual x, 1TB WDblue.) and have reached the limit of supported screens, 3 22" monitors, although would like to add another screen for the main instruments, artificial horizon, altimeter, asi etc. So I've also got a samsung NC10 and a 17" monitor but I have so far failed to network the 2 together with sim-avionics (demo), or fs-client.

I am aiming to do this cheaply as I am time wealthy and money poor LOL.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

many thanks,

paddy.

I'm not sure if this is what you want, but Adam Breed (Prepar3D® Senior Software Engineer) said on the prepar3d forums on March 10, 2015 at 08:04

You will need to enter the activation password on each machine. There is no networked based licensing. You will need to track which computers have been activated and make sure to deactivate (uninstall) each time you decommission a computer to free another activation.

Archived