Quest Kodiak by Lionheart - no fuel flow from right tank

fisheye

I was wondering if I am the only one that has an issue of the Quest Kodiak version 2.6 not flowing fuel from the right wing tank in FSX. Even after reinstalling the files the problem still exists. Is there an easy fix, a valve I am not seeing, or something else that I am not doing right. On the overhead when I switch the left fuel tank to off it also turns off the right fuel tank. I don't find anything else in the panel.cfg, aircraft.cfg, or notes relating to this situation in the manual. Any help would be appreciated. fisheye

Could just be a FSX issue.Make sure that the default flight has both fuel tanks selected and save in that position. Its best to have the cessna saved. If you only have one fuel tank selected or off in the default flight it will cause issues.
Intel 4790k@ 4.6 1.223V Gigabyte GAZ87X-UD3H, Gigabyte GTX 680 2Gig GPU, 8 Gig Cas 11 2100 Mhz ram, Win 7 64 Bit

Provide a link to the model you downloaded so others can check it out.

Does the model claim to be FSX compatible?

I have a special gauge designed to diagnose fuel problems. You will have to be an expert in installing gauges and panel modification to use it.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Provide a link to the model you downloaded so others can check it out.

It is payware.

Does the model claim to be FSX compatible?

It is.

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Kodiak.html

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

• 1 month later...
Could just be a FSX issue.Make sure that the default flight has both fuel tanks selected and save in that position. Its best to have the cessna saved. If you only have one fuel tank selected or off in the default flight it will cause issues.

Thank you for the heads up on this issue. I had the Kodiak set as my default flight and didn't realize this was saved from a default 208 with just the left tank selected. I selected the default C208 as my aircraft in my startup flight with both tanks selected and now the Kodiak is working properly. However is it also correct that the Kodiak will not let you select a wing tank to draw from to balance your fuel load during flight? When I try to select a tank from the overhead switches they both shut off not allowing me to balance the fuel load. This may be like the real aircraft but it doesn't seem right since the C208A lets you select a tank to draw from.

You can always go to 'Aircraft/Fuel & Payload' and set the fuel tanks the way you want them, at any time, on any airplane, with or without fuel switchs or panel gauges (enter a % and tab to set, then click ok). But it IS 'wise' to set up a default ac as your start up flight.

Quote:'..this might be like the real aircraft..' (IT COULD HAPPEN..read on).

John Denver died in a plane crash due to being unable to reach a ('THE') switch (due to being straped in and cramped) which was positioned just up against but behind his left shoulder and was for the aux tank after he ran out of fuel. THAT WAS TRAGIC, but as 'real' as it could get. A shame, too.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

• 3 months later...
I had the same problem, and Google Searched my way here. Also solved the problem. Yes, trying to deselect just the left shutoff activates both. The answer is, on the lower switch panel, next to the 3 Master Power Switches, is one called "Aux Fuel Pump." That needs to be turned ON, and fuel flows from both tanks. Just flew from South America into Caribbean Islands in multiple legs with no fuel imbalance. Hope this helps!

Archived