Harrison Ford crashes plane!

miloguy

The incident airplane looked like a Ryan PT-22; I didn't know Mr. Ford owned one.

Here's wishing him a full and speedy recovery; he does a lot to promote General Aviation here in the US.

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

I know the area out of Santa Monica very well and the Penmar Golf Course was the ONLY place he could have put down without a major disaster,gotta applaud Mr. Ford's professionalism as a pilot and glad to hear he will make a full recovery.:)

The news media picture of the crash site shows he did a great job in getting it on the ground. It was also stated he was seated in the rear position and had brushed trees on the way to the ground. I had just watched his youtube video on Tuesday!! I was looking at something on Travolta's 707 and saw this video. He does a nice narration on this one:

JR

Watching the Morning News shows, the prevalent question many of the Anchors were asking had to do with Vintage aircraft, and are they really that safe to fly?

Well, I thought I would let the Pilot involved in yesterday's mishap answer that question himself...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwq0U9ow45E

Best Wishes, Harrison! :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Archived