Can someone help with Scottish airports?

beany_bot

I want to upgrade my home airports (south scotland) as I have VFR scenery and am buying treescapes.

Problem is, I dont know whether to buy "VFR Scottish airfields south" which has 27 I think, airfields.

http://www.playsimspublishing.com/titles/vsa2fsx.html

Or do I buy UK2000 extreme, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Prestwick and cumbernauld.

http://www.uk2000scenery.com/newsite/My_Homepage_Files/Page1.html

The obvious answer I suppose is "get the one with 27 airfields" but I think (i dont know for sure) that UK2000 Xtreme airports will be much better than the VFR Scottish airfields ones? Can anyone confirm or deny that? Thoughts from anyone in the know?

Yes, well. I like the Scotflight offering, have been using it for quite some time. And 70 airfields is not bad either, considering the price. You can always supplement it with either free- or payware (Sim720 do some scottish stuff, and there are sales too, come christmas)

Yes, well. I like the Scotflight offering, have been using it for quite some time. And 70 airfields is not bad either, considering the price. You can always supplement it with either free- or payware (Sim720 do some scottish stuff, and there are sales too, come christmas)

I hear you. Lets say I got Scotflight (it does look really good). Could I still use the UK2000 xtreme airports (Gla, Cumbernaul, Edi and prestwick)? How would I do that?

If the airport is prioritized higher than Scotflight in the scenery library of FSX, it should just work fine. I'm using some of the Sim720 offerings, but I deactivated (renamed) the conflicting .bgl files in Scotflight out of habit anyway. No big deal as you can find them by name and ICAO.

If the airport is prioritized higher than Scotflight in the scenery library of FSX, it should just work fine. I'm using some of the Sim720 offerings, but I deactivated (renamed) the conflicting .bgl files in Scotflight out of habit anyway. No big deal as you can find them by name and ICAO.

Oh good grief, now I've found the sim720 offerings and have to take that into consideration hahaha. Ahh well, better to have too much than too little.

Archived