Cal Classic Super Connie Installation Problem

ARJH

Hello

Just tried installing Cal Classic's Super Constellation for FS2004 (l1049g.zip + vncon20.zip), which I love; everything works fine, except that the VC cockpit panels all have empty gauges :confused:

Can anyone tell me where I've gone wrong and how to sort it out?

Thanks a lot

ARJH

I realize vncon20.zip is a separate panel, not the one that comes with the Connie, form CalClassic. So that means you replaced the original panel that came with the Connie, with vncon20.zip, is this the case? If that's so, the gauges of the new panel (vncon20.zip) will obviously not show in the VC of the Connie, as its VC was configured for the gauges of the panel with which the plane came, from CalClassic. The panel cfg would have to be reconfigured (impossible, if you've got no such skills...like me) so that the new gauges, of the new panel, are integrated into the VC.

But I may be wrong, I'm not familiar with vncon20.zip, I use the panel that came with the Super Connie, and all looks good.

http://i.imgbox.com/5Dq6vHMp.jpg

kk2Hq8Xj_o.jpg

vncon20.zip was made for the Mike Stone connie. I haven't used that one in a while, but IIRC Mike never made a VC for his connie. The Calclassics connies have a vc which matches the 2d cockpit.

The Calclassic planes are much more complicated to fly then the Mike Stone version and the cockpits reflect this complexity.

....The Calclassic planes are much more complicated to fly then the Mike Stone version and the cockpits reflect this complexity.
The first two FS9/FSX Super Connies that are linked at Cal Classics are Manfred Jahn models.

Those links point to the files in the library here. "G" l1049g.zip and "H" l1049h.zip

Fully functional VC with no extra panel download needed...Don

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

If you really want to use the vcon panel (not sure why, though), you could copy any VCockpit sections from the Jahn panel.cfg file and paste them into the vcon panel.cfg file (replacing any VCockpit sections there), and the gauges in the VC should then show up (assuming you installed the Jahn panel gauges).

Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

Hello all,

Thanks for the help. I didn't realise that the vcon panel was optional; I thought that you had to download it, like the ones on Historic Jetliners. I've deleted it now, and that solved the VC problem.

Thanks again :)

HA, so that was it. :p HJG and CalClassic have very different ways of distributing their addons on their websites. Personally, I find the "HJG style" to be closer to my tastes; more exact if you ask me.

But anyways, the Connies at CalClassic are complete simulations, no need for any...extensions, and apart from a few not very complete or not quite accurate systems, all is very nicely simulated, with a relatively high degree of fidelity. When I first got them, I thought they're more or less the kind of simulations you just "hop in" and hit F4...I was soon to realize they're far more complex than that, don't get it right, and you'll be in trouble. There are many, many operations that need to be performed just right and at the right time to get the old irons to fly the proper way...just like the real things. I've been flying them for a few years, and I still learn new things to this day;)

PS: You may have noticed that there are a few updates available there, they appear as links underneath the main package (under the screenshots), those are the only "extensions" you might wanna apply to the main packages, if you want to experience even more realism, but it might prove difficult to apply them at times, if you don't know what to do, what files to move where and what cfg's to modify. Personally, I've performed a few minor fixes myself that are not available at CalClassic (such as alligning the fuel dump streams with the dump valves).

kk2Hq8Xj_o.jpg

Archived