The mystery of Shawbury AB.

bertfulker

I have recently been trying to make the UK air force bases a bit more active. I have had no trouble with aircraft and flight plans at about 10 bases so far until it came to Shawbury , when I was using FS9 I never had a problem with this base, but now with FSX I just cannot get any aircraft to even show up there. I have done everything as you should with regards to parking slots etc. and used flight plans and aircraft that I know are correct but nothing will work. Now I know this does not sound very logical but this is a fact.Can anyone think of a reason as to why just the one base would behave in this way? As a matter for reference I have used both the stock base and also one that I downloaded from this site.

Just a few small questions.

Is the traffic slider up high enough?

Do you have the aircraft in your library? Or does the title= match what is in the aircraft.txt file?

Are you at the airport the right time when traffic should be around?

Is the traffic file in an active scenery folder?

http://my.flightmemory.com/pic/tvieno.gifhttp://www.vatsimsigs.co.uk/Status/1136602.jpg

The parking spaces also have to be connected correctly to the runway.

If not, traffic will disappear before reaching the airport, and will not enter the runway for takeoff, or not even appear on the airport.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just a few small questions.

Is the traffic slider up high enough?

Do you have the aircraft in your library? Or does the title= match what is in the aircraft.txt file?

Are you at the airport the right time when traffic should be around?

Is the traffic file in an active scenery folder?

The answer to all those questions is YES...I have created plans for the given aircraft for other airports and watched them leave and return without a problem....but not at Shawbury.....do you think its haunted lol.

The parking spaces also have to be connected correctly to the runway.

If not, traffic will disappear before reaching the airport, and will not enter the runway for takeoff, or not even appear on the airport.

I have checked this and all is ok....ADE fault finder also confirms all is ok.

You sound like you know what you are doing so forgive the rudimentary questions and I am willing to bet the answer is a simple fix; it is just trying to get to that answer is the problem.

Do your flight plans have the correct syntax? With no extra commas, colons, etc.

Is there by chance you a FS9 traffic file someplace? FS9 traffic files will supercede FSX traffic files rendering them unused.

http://my.flightmemory.com/pic/tvieno.gifhttp://www.vatsimsigs.co.uk/Status/1136602.jpg

I would be very interested to see responses to this thread as I have been experiencing similar problems: I am using aircraft models which perform exactly as expected on other airfields, I am using a 'Touch and Go' flightplan which works on other airfields, I am trying to apply these models and flightplans to an airfield which, according to ADE, is perfectly acceptable (with suitable parking slots and no faults in the taxiways), and I have checked for FS9 flightplans. Everything seems to be in order but - the aircraft just do not show! While not a programming expert I am no nubie either and I have succesfully programmed AI activity at a number of airfields but, for some reason which escapes me, the procedures I am using just do not seem to work on some airfields.
My rig specs: ASUS P8Z77-V Rev3 IZ77 4D3 LGA1155; Intel Core I7 3770K Ivy Bridge3 5gHz/8Mo; SSD 500Go Agility3; DD SATA-III, 1To, 7200T, 64Mo cache; DDRAM III PC-12800, 2 x 4 Go; NVidia 1060GTX TI SC 6Gb 1563-E3 (not over-clocked); Power supply - 850W Corsair HX850; Windows 7 Pro 64bits, FSX Gold (SP1+2, Acceleration).

You sound like you know what you are doing so forgive the rudimentary questions and I am willing to bet the answer is a simple fix; it is just trying to get to that answer is the problem.

Do your flight plans have the correct syntax? With no extra commas, colons, etc.

Is there by chance you a FS9 traffic file someplace? FS9 traffic files will supercede FSX traffic files rendering them unused.

You were absolutely correct....there was indeed an FS9 plan tucked away amonst the FSX's.....I think I know now how that happened..I expect you know anyway, but for the benefit of anyone else having a similar problem.....when I prepared the file for compiling in Flight Planner I did not realise that I had not checked the FSX box and it seems like it is always set to FS9 by default.Thank you very much for the help......and as you rightly suggested ...it was a simple fix. The morale to this is ...measure twice ...cut once. Many thanks again.

Archived