HELP!- my GPS is gone!!

vride1

Installed TDS Boing 737-700 and also a panel upgrade for it earlier today. First time I've done this, so took like 5 hours.

Now.... I can't see my GPS in ANY aircraft, even the default ones.

Does anyone have the default GPS folder and can I reinstall it

please help

Do a search in hte Library for FS9GPS.gau, or CAB, not sure which. I'll see if I can find it....Pretty sure it's a .gau file tho...

Pat☺

Ok, I found this. It's the Garmin 430 and 530's in one package. I'll keep looking as I can...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Don't panic yet.

dont panic.jpg

In your \Gauges folder, there should be a fs9gps.cab file of size 297K. All the standard GPS are in there. If it's not there, well, the original is on your install CDs.

Steve from Mudgee

Steve from Murwilllumbah.

is there a way to install that GPS link above into all aircraft's cfg panels at once? Seems it all needs doing individually. Either that or is there a way to reset FS9 to an earlier time?? I found a fs9gps.cab file but it's 551K and it doesn't seem to be working. I must have edited the wrong cfg panel of the wrong aircraft and that messed the whole thing up. Assistance needed!

Download???? From here???? Do you realize what you're asking? This site is so "correct"and "compliant" that it doesn't even allow discussion of "CD4 Crack Files", let alone hosting them. The file you seek is a Microsoft copyrighted file. It's existence alone on this web site would be almost certainly considered piracy.

Go back to your CDs and hunt it down from them. To try to download it is to look for trouble. I mean that as sincere and friendly advice.

Steve from Mudgee.

Actually, the file I linked is in the Library here. It's just a Garmin 430 and 530 package. But I did receive, in a panel I downloaded (now please do not ask me which one), I think it's for a 737 or 747, was a FS9GPS.GAU, modified slightly from the original in that it has the wind-speed and direction displayed in the lower left corner of the display. I think they said you can use it in place of the original FS9GPS.GAU if you choose. Either that, or just don't overwrite during installation. I backed up my original, and installed the new one, and all the panels with a line for FS9GPS!GPS_500 or !GPS_295 or whatever use the new one. I love it.

Otherwise you'll have to search for a replacement GPS and change each panel you want it used in to utilize the new one. There are many, and a lot included in panels for various aircraft.

In the AM I'll try to work up a listing of the one's I've found and downloaded, I'm just too tired to do it this instant. They are all downloaded for the file library here, though, so all perfectly legal. You may wind up having to add the correct gauge to each panel, but generally it's merely a matter of replacing one "filename!gaugename" entry in the panel for another. Not difficult, just time-consuming is all, as if you find one you really like you'll have to replace the existing entry in every panel. As far as I know. Perhaps there is a trick to doing them all at once, but other than changing the file name of the new one to FS9GPS.GAU, so all the existing entries now use the new one. I can't speak to the legalities of it all though...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

I found a fs9gps.cab file but it's 551K and it doesn't seem to be working.

That is the FSX version which will not work in FS9.

You need to get the FS9 version from your discs.

How to do that is explained here- http://www.cat-tamer.com/flightsim/faq001.html

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Will You learn that some of the gauges used in FSX are the same as in FS2004? A

Well Zippy the Clown .... it looks like maybe you should stay in the FSX forum as your "if it works in FSX, it'll work in FS2004" philosophy is causing more trouble (see posts directly above).

I'm sure there's enough FSX problems for you to get your nose into over there.

Just say'n

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well Zippy the Clown .... it looks like maybe you should stay in the FSX forum as your "if it works in FSX, it'll work in FS2004" philosophy is causing more trouble (see posts directly above).

I'm sure there's enough FSX problems for you to get your nose into over there.

Just say'n

Wow. Just wow.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

I wonder why it is that in my head I just "Don't make me turn this thread around! I will!"

:D :D :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Then all at once the chaos ceased

A stillness fell, a sudden peace

The Warriors felt my silent cry

And stayed their struggle, mystified

peace,

the Bean

Never argue with idiots.

OK, then Bean...

From "The Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám":

Myself when young did eagerly frequent

 Doctor and Saint, and heard great Argument

About it and about; but evermore

 Came out by the same Door as in I went.

Steve from Mudgee.

To get back to business... Bean gave you the correct answer; and I will insist that it is the BEST answer. Get the fs9gps.cab file from your install CDs, following the procedure in the link that he gave you, place it in your \Gauges folder. Once you've done that, everything should be back to normal, and you should need to do NOTHING more.

There are two GPSs contained in that cab file: gps295 and gps500. So if your panel.cfg files contain lines that begin with something like either of:

gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500,

gauge00=fs9gps!gps_295,

then all would be well.

I wasn't accusing you of anything in my comment about legalities, and am relieved that you didn't take it that way. Nor did I think that in this day and age it would cause such a grass fire.

Steve from Mudgee

From "The Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám":

Myself when young did eagerly frequent

 Doctor and Saint, and heard great Argument

About it and about; but evermore

 Came out by the same Door as in I went.

Very nice.

Some who did not fight

Brought tales of old to light..

peace,

the Bean

Never argue with idiots.

Archived