Collision with ground vehicle

dwf2008

I recently flew a 777 from Phoenix to LAX. While taxiing to the gate at LAX, control had me stop to wait for a ground vehicle. After continuing, a different ground vehicle came along and crashed into the plane broadside thus causing a failure and ending the flight. Both airports are using the default original scenery. So this produces a couple of questions.

1. Isn't the airplane supposed to have the right-of-way? Why does ATC frequently have a plane wait for cars and pickups?

2. Is there a file that can be tweaked to prevent a ground vehicle from crashing into the plane?

Thanks

1. FSX is not a ground control simulator. No, traffic will not stop, hold, wait, or move out of the way for a plane.

2. No, the best you can do is turn off the ground traffic.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

I recently flew a 777 from Phoenix to LAX. While taxiing to the gate at LAX, control had me stop to wait for a ground vehicle. After continuing, a different ground vehicle came along and crashed into the plane broadside thus causing a failure and ending the flight. Both airports are using the default original scenery. So this produces a couple of questions.

1. Isn't the airplane supposed to have the right-of-way? Why does ATC frequently have a plane wait for cars and pickups?

2. Is there a file that can be tweaked to prevent a ground vehicle from crashing into the plane?

Thanks

Turn off crash detection. Or, turn down the slider for the traffic.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Yep, I turned off crash detection long ago for this reason, that some sceneries had invisible objects and that sometimes when on final, a heavy jet occasionally comes up behind you at 160 kts and mows you down.

IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Archived