Problem at Schiphol Airport

DaveMichelle

Hello, i have an Problem: If i use the Schophol AIrport, for example i want to fly my Scandinavian Airlines Boeing 737-700 from AMS to CPH, the flight sim suddenly turned off, or the planes are waiting on a invisible something. But on all the other airport I've these problems not. Can anyone help me?

I've tried, but it's the same, but now it's shortly after take off that the flight sim suddenly turns off. I do remember that i changed some details of the airport with the AFCAD, but when it's gone wrong, i changed it back, but i think that i maked the problem bigger:(

I would try reinstalling the original from you download and editing that with ADE. AFCAD was designed with little documentation from MS and with some designs there may be facilities in your your download that AFCAD might corrupt. Is the original an AFCAD2 developed file?

Anyway, ADE has a more strict application development bound to the MS FS9 SDK rules. Using its fault finder it might detect something that AFCAD did not.

If you like you can directly open your edited .bgl file and see if ADE can detect any problems.

Links and new version 1.65 manual are in the download section here:

http://www.scruffyduck.org/

ADE is best used to first save your changes in a project file since that file type contains ADE details not in your final compiled .bgl file in case further editing is needed, then compile the project for placement into FS.

Try it out.

Also, check for duplicate af file type (afcad, AFX, ADE ) with the Simple Airport Scanner from the other files section of that site. Default files are not shown. Remember that in some scenery multiple af type files are used as overlays so if they exist in the same scenery folder as intended by the the author that is OK.

Another thing is to run your flight test once with ai turned down in case a defective ai model/texture is causing your FS stall. DATE and TIME affect your ai schedule and also your textures used in your scenery (season and time).

Finally be sure your PC is not being overloaded for its available resources both with RAM and CPU use. Make sure there is plenty of empty space on your system (C:) drive and where your swap files are located. Maybe your changes added loading to resources.

If you changed com frequencies be aware that certain repetitive comm frequency sequences can bring down FS. That's an internal FS bug supposedly fixed by the FS 9.1 service pack but has been reported questionable by some developers.

If you alt-tab does that bring up any error dialogs hidden by FS itself?

KMSP - Minnesota: Land of 10,000 Puddles

Support Team

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived