Nav or Gps? what should I use?

miloguy

Im assuming you mean the NAV or GPS switch? It depends...are you flying VFR or ILS? If ILS you should be following ATC instructions anyway. If VFR you could use GPS or VOR for directions.

Im a relative newbie though i have had to learn a lot in a few short weeks. Im sure some of the others on this board will give you a better answer.

Depends on how much control you want to take. Manual flight? Autopilot?

Man or AP Nav mode you'll have to set your own frequencies, and, OBS, for each leg of your FP.

AP GPS mode automatically sequences your flight plan without regard to radio frequency...Don

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

thanks guys, mostly VFR and using the gps ,

another silly question , some planes don't have a clock display in the vc..

is it possible to download one and it would show up in what ever plane you want??

ie to show your time zone , at on Gps it has ETA, but like I said ,some planes dont have the clock..

some planes don't have a clock display in the vc..

is it possible to download one and it would show up in what ever plane you want??

You can add a clock as a popup Window to any plane.

For simplicity you could use the clock from the default J-3 Cub. it is a simple pocket watch.

I prefer to use this one- sinnnabo56-8-1.zip

It has a stopwatch function and toggles between local time and GMT.

Built for FS9 it works in FSX.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Gps use is pretty much easy but if you want to do automatic descent and landing (catching glideslope) nav mode is

the one to use.

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Personally, I fell madly in love with AChS-1.zip, from here in the File Library. It has 3 dials, elapsed time, a stop-watch, and local time, or Zulu time if you prefer. It also has a Master/Slave set of clocks built in, so you can put a Master on the main panel and slaves on sub-panels, Nav displays, VC panels, etc etc. Very versatile. Very easy to install and use, either as a built-in on a panel or as a pop-up.

There is also a "Digital Clock & Stopwatch" (digclock.zip), very nice display, one called "FS2004 SuperTimer2" (super_timer.zip), which I believe to be from the F-16 Air Show Tour panel, and the list goes on.

Just go to the File Library and put CLOCK, CHRONOMETER, or TIMER in the search term, you will get lots of results. Variety is the spice of life, after all!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived