A couple of FSX questions.

beany_bot

Hi all, been using Flight sims since 95, but recently got into FSX (from FS9) so have a couple of questions.

1: Is there as way of having the ATC window Auto-Dissapear after a conversation, like in FS9? I have it pop-up auto but then it stays there. Or is there a quick keyboard shortcut to rid of it again?

2: Just getting into flying with VC rather than 2D Cockpit. Which leads me to a 2 part question, What zoom level do you have it on when in VC? and Can anyone reccommend a nice freeware or payware 747/A380/Learjet because the inside of those stock isnt very good. Doesnt need to be fancy with loads of features, just nice looking.

Thanks!

1. No auto disappear. Either use the mouse to click and close or the Tilde Key ~

2.In the VC I normally use the minus key to step back from the panel 1 or 2 key clicks.

I use the Northwest/Delta 747 that's here in the library.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thanks, that Tilde key isn't working for me. Is there somewhere I can bind it to a button on my joystick? That would be ideal. As I don't like mousing to it all the time. When I'm flying over the USA for example at 16x speed it pops up all the time (understandable) but for me I don't like like leaving it up as it breaks realism.

As I don't like mousing to it all the time. When I'm flying over the USA for example at 16x speed it pops up all the time (understandable) but for me I don't like like leaving it up as it breaks realism.

You can bind it to whatever key or button you want. These are the 2 default keys.

Now you do realize your statement is a complete OXYMORON, Right?

ATC.JPG

I've mapped it to the red button on my Saitek joystick, so its 'push to talk' just like in a real plane. I used the Saitek configurator tool to map keys 1,2,3 and 4 to the four rockers on the top. So, most of the time I'm hands free with ATC!

- Paul Elliott

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Come and follow my recreation of this historic light here: HERE

..What zoom level do you have it on when in VC?..

Whatever looks most comfortable to suit whichever plane you're flying, it's a matter of personal preference..:)

Use the zoom keys (-/=) in conjunction with these eyepoint keys to get the cockpit looking exactly as you want it-

VIRTUAL COCKPIT EYEPOINT MOVEMENT

(Hold keys down to slide your eyeballs)

SHIFT Enter= Up

SHIFT Backspace=Down

SHIFT CTRL Enter= RIGHT

SHIFT CTRL Backspace= LEFT

CTRL Backspace= Forward

CTRL Enter= Back

Hold CTRL and hit SPACE= Reset

For example here are some shots of an FSX Cessna 172 VC cockpit I did at various zoom levels and eyepoint positions to illustrate how flexible it is-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/ExIS/cpitA.jpg~original

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/ExIS/cpitB.jpg~original

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/ExIS/cpitC.jpg~original

hahah Thanks guy. Yeah I realise the stupidity of flying at 16x speed and wanting realism, but for some reason, I can get past the speed increase (for example, looking dead ahead over the ocean, don't really notice a difference) but that ATC window pop-up constantly there just really bugs me. Thanks again.

Oh, a final quick question. How do I fully shut down the engines on a plane? I'm pressing control shift F1 which kills the fuel (and in fs9 totally stopped the engines) but in fsx they still appear to turn slowly and make noise indefinitely.

Program a key or Joystick button for "Engine Auto-shutdown". Works for me for both jet and piston Props.

Thanks! And very very last question I promise! Haha. I have two monitors, but only use 1. I've tried using the second for GPS and so on but didn't like the look of it. What's the best most immersing way of using two monitors, side by side? And will this increase my chances of a OOM? I don't get ooms unless I go to very intense cities/airports. Thanks. Again.

Archived