Need help with this psd file for a repaint

carss

Guys I need help with a psd file. This is the first time I used dxtbmp to create a repaint for a plane that does not have a paintkit.

All this time the psd file that I saved was fine, not all of a sudden this is what it says.......

11018861_919568324742396_1542240453914912472_o.jpg

It just doesn't open and it gives me that message instead :/ does anyone know how to fix this??

Area%2B88%2Bsignature.jpg

Fly To Live, Live To Fly :pilot:

I'm thinking your .PSD file won't open with anything but Photoshop.

Ron

http://whatis.techtarget.com/fileformat/PSD-Adobe-Photoshop-default

RAM: Team T-Force 32GB CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.4 GHz Max Boost) Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 super C Drive: M.2 SSD 1.0tb CPU Air Cooler: DEEPCOOL GAMMAX GTE V2, PSU: Bronze 600W, Flight Stick: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS, W10

Images generally in this forum simply need a left-click to magnify them. Why is that different?

This image is being hosted offsite.

Right click>view image info

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Assuming the OP is still following this thread, it appears to be a CS6 issue and you are not alone in your frustrations.

According to http://smallbusiness.chron.com/photoshop-cs-cant-open-files-due-program-error-80027.html some solutions might be:

Close and Reboot

Computers can sometimes develop occasional electronic hiccups that prevent the proper operation of programs or the operating system. When you run into odd, unusual behavior with any aspect of your computer, the first thing to try is to close the program and reboot. This sometimes helps to reset the RAM and other startup settings, helping the entire system function properly again.

Reset PS Preferences

When you run Photoshop, it creates a preference file with all the settings and options the program needs to run properly. If this file becomes damaged or corrupted, it can prevent Photoshop from opening your files properly. Photoshop checks for this file each time you open the program, and if it doesn't find one, it will create a new file in the system folder. To reset your preferences, find the file and either delete it or move it to another location. (see Resources for information on finding the file on your system.) When Photoshop doesn't find this file the next time you run the program, it will create a new, clean file to use.

Stay Up To Date

Adobe occasionally releases updates for its programs to address bugs and to fix known problems. Check for Photoshop updates to make sure you're running the most recent version, with all available fixes. Open Photoshop and click "Help" and then "Updates" to search for available updates. Keep your operating system and other programs up to date as well, as these could introduce conflicts that may be interfering with the proper operation of Photoshop.

Remove and Reinstall

Sometimes programs develop operational issues due to damaged or missing installation files. An error could have prevented proper installation in the first place, creating program errors. A clean reinstall may correct this issue and encourage proper functionality. Uninstall Photoshop CS6, as well as any previous CS version to prevent interference with your current version. Adobe offers a tool to completely remove all CS files from your computer (see Resources). After you've uninstalled these, reinstall CS6 and apply any program updates.

Seek Help From Adobe

If, despite your troubleshooting, you still encounter the program error, contact Adobe for help (see Resources). Customer service is available over the phone, online or through email. Abode's website also offers a community forum, where you can seek help from other users who may be able to help you work through the issue.

http://my.flightmemory.com/pic/tvieno.gifhttp://www.vatsimsigs.co.uk/Status/1136602.jpg

Create your own psd file in Adobe and save,close and then open it. Also close Adobe, reopen Adobe and then open your psd. If they won't open then Adobe is faulty.

If Adobe still won't open your original psd then it's faulty.

Assuming the OP is still following this thread, it appears to be a CS6 issue and you are not alone in your frustrations.

According to http://smallbusiness.chron.com/photoshop-cs-cant-open-files-due-program-error-80027.html some solutions might be:

Close and Reboot

Computers can sometimes develop occasional electronic hiccups that prevent the proper operation of programs or the operating system. When you run into odd, unusual behavior with any aspect of your computer, the first thing to try is to close the program and reboot. This sometimes helps to reset the RAM and other startup settings, helping the entire system function properly again.

Reset PS Preferences

When you run Photoshop, it creates a preference file with all the settings and options the program needs to run properly. If this file becomes damaged or corrupted, it can prevent Photoshop from opening your files properly. Photoshop checks for this file each time you open the program, and if it doesn't find one, it will create a new file in the system folder. To reset your preferences, find the file and either delete it or move it to another location. (see Resources for information on finding the file on your system.) When Photoshop doesn't find this file the next time you run the program, it will create a new, clean file to use.

Stay Up To Date

Adobe occasionally releases updates for its programs to address bugs and to fix known problems. Check for Photoshop updates to make sure you're running the most recent version, with all available fixes. Open Photoshop and click "Help" and then "Updates" to search for available updates. Keep your operating system and other programs up to date as well, as these could introduce conflicts that may be interfering with the proper operation of Photoshop.

Remove and Reinstall

Sometimes programs develop operational issues due to damaged or missing installation files. An error could have prevented proper installation in the first place, creating program errors. A clean reinstall may correct this issue and encourage proper functionality. Uninstall Photoshop CS6, as well as any previous CS version to prevent interference with your current version. Adobe offers a tool to completely remove all CS files from your computer (see Resources). After you've uninstalled these, reinstall CS6 and apply any program updates.

Seek Help From Adobe

If, despite your troubleshooting, you still encounter the program error, contact Adobe for help (see Resources). Customer service is available over the phone, online or through email. Abode's website also offers a community forum, where you can seek help from other users who may be able to help you work through the issue.

Thank you so much sir!! I will try it out and will let you know.

Hello' !

1st thing you need to do , is open that File with DXTBMP, and save it to another FORMAT like a BMP or a DDS file, you can do that with the DXTBMP Program, and you can choose from the Sub-Menu which File format you'd like to save it to.

You can save it in a Variety of Different BMP Formats, from a

DXT1

DXT3

DXT5

Extended 32 bit 888-8

and the same for a DDS texture

your adobe Photo Shop , and or Paint Shop Pro, may NOT support opening and allowing you to work on a NON-SUPPOTED file type , - , until you change the FORMAT of the File or Photo you want to work on, to be suitable to the program.

So pick one or the other, either a BMP File format or a DDS file format and then try opening it with your Paint Shop Pro, or Photo Shop, then you should be able to work with that File.

Just remember ----- to always Save it back in the File Format needed to work in the simulator, the USER will have to decide that and click the appropriate File format to do that, for non of the Paint programs know automatically what your trying to do - YOU have to decide and tell the paint program what you want it to do as to what File Format you want it saved in,,, when your Done !!!

Also the more you constantly keep opening and changing around the file format of the file to paint on it, or make corrections changes,,, the more it'll lose its clarity and eventually it'll become kinda foggy and messed up and not look right in the simulator.

Generally , depending on the file type I say no more than 3 times of saving, after that its trashed basically, and ya have to start over.

Hello' !

1st thing you need to do , is open that File with DXTBMP, and save it to another FORMAT like a BMP or a DDS file, you can do that with the DXTBMP Program, and you can choose from the Sub-Menu which File format you'd like to save it to.

You can save it in a Variety of Different BMP Formats, from a

DXT1

DXT3

DXT5

Extended 32 bit 888-8

and the same for a DDS texture

your adobe Photo Shop , and or Paint Shop Pro, may NOT support opening and allowing you to work on a NON-SUPPOTED file type , - , until you change the FORMAT of the File or Photo you want to work on, to be suitable to the program.

So pick one or the other, either a BMP File format or a DDS file format and then try opening it with your Paint Shop Pro, or Photo Shop, then you should be able to work with that File.

Just remember ----- to always Save it back in the File Format needed to work in the simulator, the USER will have to decide that and click the appropriate File format to do that, for non of the Paint programs know automatically what your trying to do - YOU have to decide and tell the paint program what you want it to do as to what File Format you want it saved in,,, when your Done !!!

Also the more you constantly keep opening and changing around the file format of the file to paint on it, or make corrections changes,,, the more it'll lose its clarity and eventually it'll become kinda foggy and messed up and not look right in the simulator.

Generally , depending on the file type I say no more than 3 times of saving, after that its trashed basically, and ya have to start over.

Hello, thanks for replying. But the point is the file is a PSD not a dds or bmp program, and thats the message that comes.

And even after reinstalling it including the removal of preferences, this is what happened :/

Still not sure where you got that file from?

And, does ps only resist with that files, or can you not open any photoshop files?

Any error messages?

See basically what happened was it was a bmp file which I used DXTBMP to transfer to the editor (in this case photoshop). It was working absolutely fine and I kept saving it as a psd it was, until I have no idea why suddenly this has happened.

Once I was using the ACES tool to turn it into the .bmp file to be used into FSX to see how the work had come along but after turning it into DXT5 as I always did, I accidentally saved the file just like that (as in the psd) and then resaved it into the bmp file it should be. Could it be because of that? Because now the psd files doesn't even load onto the ACES tool either :/

Archived