SID & STAR Components

mbscjohnp

What are the components to SID and STAR data fields? Aerosoft included a program using Lufthansa Systems supplied data called NavDatPro, which contains data files for individual SIDs and STARs that include the Waypoint, its coordinates, followed by zeros and ones:

Example:

SID,LGRHD1,33,4 (SID Name: LGRHD1 and RWY 33) What does "4" designate?

VA,0,334,2,560,0,0,0,0,0,0, (SID ?) I assume "334" is a heading and "560" is Altitude, but What do these 0s designate?

DF,HALEE,32.90368333,-80.18781111,1, ,0.0,0.0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1.0 (SID Waypoint and coordinates) What do these 0s & 1s designate?

TF,LGRHD,32.58550556,-80.28358333,0, ,0.0,0.0,0,0.00,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1.0 (SID Next Waypoint) Same question.

I need to add a SID and STAR to this program's Notepad editing capable data file.

Could someone please give me a clue? John

David Jones: Thanks for the reply, but Lufthansa Systems is the worldwide supplier of AIRAC SID and STAR procedures for real world airlines and not an add on supplier. Aerosoft merely supplies the info "as is" and I was wondering if someone can answer my question. Aerosoft quotes license restrictions for not being able to answer, but their German arrogant customer service just has no clue, especially since I am an American. I have a letter into Lufthansa Systems and will post if I obtain an answer. John

No, Aerosoft does not provide the data "as is"; Aerosoft parses the LIDO data to fit the requirements of the add-ons they provide AIRAC data for. No add-on supports the ARINC 424-18 format. The licensing for the add-on data descriptions does require non-disclosure in many cases.

DJ

David, no disrespect intended. I imagine that you are probably correct then. I just don't understand how "non-disclosure" from Lufthansa Systems applies to Aerosoft's parsing of the LIDO data, if that is the case.

NavDatPro apparently is an Aerosoft program requiring one to pay $8.00 per month for AIRAC updates, which I am not about to pay for simply simming information, as changes to existing real data are freely available online at every cycle update. It was different before my age and condition caused my flight surgeon not to pass my physical when I was busing folks in the real world.

The alternative then is to watch for any changes at AirNav.com for my ARR and DPT airports and just copy the existing SID or STAR in the Aerosoft supplied NavDatPro data file in MS Notepad and change the appropriate waypoint name(s), runway headings, alt, and coordinates, leaving the zeros and ones unchanged, until some kind soul has already figured out the answer to my question. John

No worries - the non-disclosure element comes from the add-on developers themselves; for whatever reason most of them don't want their own formats disclosed. I suspect it is in the nature of self defense should someone have issues after modifying the files. Do note that iFly provides the formats for their 737NG and 747-400 add-ons, as well as instructions on modification so the NDA approach isn't universal. Frankly, there are very few monthly changes in the data - you could probably do just fine with a couple of updates a year.

DJ

Archived