Mr Ito's SP-5M Marlin Does Not Work

casey jones

I D/L Mr Ito's Marlin for FS9, The engines are set up in the original sound cfg with 737 sound which is wrong, the

Marlin is powered by radial R-3500 engines. Both of these will not work in the model. the engines do not start.

My knowledge of this is very limited. I can only surmise that the flight dynamics are set up wrong and or the

aircraft cfg is not properly set up for the Radial engines. If anyone can point me in the right direction I

would appreciate it. I think there are people out there who have had the same problem they fix it but never

tell the rest of us how to fix the problem.

Cheers

Casey

Where did you download from? Filename? Nevermind I found it. Sure is strange that he used the 737_400 sound file. I borrowed a sound file from another aircraft and also a panel so I can crank it up in FSX for a tryout.

UPDATE: Engines cranked up nicely and sounded good like a piston-slapper should.

sea plane.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Why FSX? Why not in FS2004 since question was posted in FS2004 forum.

FSX is all I got! If I can make it work here I should be able to safely assume that it should work for the OP in FS2004.

Instead of nit-picking others responses, why don't you offer some help to the OP??

Maybe you can show your orange-colored airstrip again!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

All of Mr. Ito's prop planes, piston or turboprop, are built on a turboprop model, this can cause issues if you try to change gauges or sounds to standard prop versions. I once asked him why (after spending several days trying to "correct" a WWII aircraft) but received no reply.

FSX is all I got! .... Then maybe you shouldn't be in THIS forum.

If I can make it work here I should be able to safely assume that it should work for the OP in FS2004 ..... Really? That is a false assumption MANY times.

Maybe you can show your orange-colored airstrip again! .... example of laterite runway, which he was looking for.

Just say'n, Zippy the Clown

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Casey,

I have this model, with modified FDEs. Last worked on it in 2011. Works good both in FS9 and FSX. Mr Ito is a genius with modeling. But he admits to not doing FDEs too well. He has serious problems with his vision, so it is not easy for him to do his work. He truly suffers for his 'Art'. So us having to do the FDEs is a minor chore, compared. I am willing to share with you the FDEs if you email me: cbackus3 at att dot com with Subject= 'SP-5' .

Chuck B

Napamule

SP-5B_Pt Reyes CA.jpg

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived