ASN for P3D 2.5 + hotfix in open beta

vgbaron

http://www.hifitechinc.com/forums/showthread.php?4406-ASN-SP2-OPEN-BETA-B5532C-posted

Been testing it for a bit and it seems to be working quite well.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Tell the next time. Deja Vu all over again. I do more downloading and installing than flying theses days. :) Anyway, thanks for the notice.

CPU: I7 4790K @ 4.5 ghz, GPU and CPU water cooled

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970

MEM: Gskill Rippjaw 1866 17900

MB: Gigabyte Gaming 5 Z97X

You can't have it both ways TM. :) On one hand you have a sim and products that are constantly improving and on the other you have a stagnant sim. Yet we complain because there are so many unfixed issues in the stagnant sim and then we complain because things change rapidly when you ARE fixing them.

I'm afraid that if one wants to be on the current edge, they must put up with it.

The option is to keep the stagnant sim and live with it's flaws.

If that works for someone, all is good. The idea is to enjoy what you are doing - if you do not enjoy and continue doing the same thing - well, your choice.

I guess I chuckle a bit - I've been around simming for a long time and the posts today are almost carbon copies of the posts 10 years ago or 6 years ago, etc.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

I expect to see more carbon copy posts because it is only to get worst especially with VAS. Addons improve in detail and complexity, the VAS issues to become worst.

Then I think how would life improve if we got a new 64bit sim tomorrow... FSX products won't work with it, some (very few) like Airbus-X and most current PMDG products (and some 10% of popular sceneries) may be updated, the rest will not and we'll have to wait, and I mean waaaaaaaaait..........

Unresolvable situation.

I guess I chuckle a bit - I've been around simming for a long time and the posts today are almost carbon copies of the posts 10 years ago or 6 years ago, etc.

True, true... Round and round and round and...

Addons improve in detail and complexity, the VAS issues to become worst.

That's not a problem I've ever seen. Of course I don't expect P3D to take everything I throw at it, including sliders maxed, flying at 600MPH+, extremely complex aircraft, etc., all at the same time. When I get into more dense areas I cut my sliders back, perhaps avoid certain aircraft, and certainly keep the traffic levels down.

There's a limit to what even today's best personal computers can handle, and I'm not just talking about CPU and GPU speed. If virtual address space (I presume that's what VAS means here) is running out, then it's likely that you're either making extreme demands on the memory used, have relatively little actual RAM, or have memory cleanup problems in one or more programs you use.

Go back as little as 5-10 years and you'll see that today's offerings are way ahead of what we had then. I recall when I got my TRS-80 in 1978 that I discussed the future of computing with friends and wife (well before public internet, not even much BBS around), and some refused to accept that someday we'd have color and hard disks (it was 48K RAM and 90K-180K floppies, then, with 64x16 characters on a monochrome screen).

I only bring up this last as an attempt to put things in perspective -- there's been a huge amount of progress, even in the last 5-10 years, so a bit of patience will see more improvements which, as the years go by, you'll look back and see as happening quickly. Miracles don't happen in computing.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Archived