flight sim models

captainvic

you know,if you make a twin eng GA plane and then say "uses the Beechcraft Baron panel',why download it?,just fly the Baron;same with a single eng low wing retractable gear like the Piper Commanche,if you say "it uses the Mooney panel",why bother,just fly the Mooney.

Do a search and find a compatible panel that will replace the aliased one that's included in the download. There is usually no VC to contend with, so it should not be a big deal.

I use a really great panel for a freeware A380 that replaced a default A-321 panel.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

The new GA may use an aliased panel, but, big but, I doubt it's flight characteristics are also gonna be inherited. Flying the plane with the wrong panel won't change the FDE...Don

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

Rather than be critical of something given for free, why not just be thankful?

People do what they like, and know how, to do.

Some people like to build models and might not want to mess with building panels.

A nice VC takes as long, or longer, to build than the exterior model.

Instead of thinking about why we have models that use aliased panels, think about not having those models at all. Which do you think is better?

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

One of the things about the 'FS community' I am amazed with is the handful of people putting thousands of hours into expanding everybody else's enjoyment of the hobby. Admittedly, the motivations are some what selfish- you want a particular aircraft, or a VTOL gauge, or scenery, of figure out how to make the make the platform sit up and do tricks in a way the developers of the platform had not even considered. Then, you give it away. Nothing expected in return. To Milton, Rob, Rob, Paul, Lief, Dave,Dave, Brian,Brian, Bjorn, Jan, and so many other blokes and a few blokette's here and there.

Thank you for many years of gratis hard work, and enjoyment, and making the some times un-polished turd that the 'professionals' at MSFS had fobbed off as 'professional' software behave and do what it was billed as doing.

The one thing that leaves me gob-smacked about the 'FS community' is the 'gimmie kid', who rolls in on their first post with a long laundry list of

Demands

criticism

Gimegimegime's

whinging that folks aren't dropping everything to get right on their pet mania

laziness and glandular excuses

citing youth and laziness as reasons not to read a read me,or look at the SDK.

I have to say. That really puts this observer off. Almost without exception, every single hobbyist-developer out there is self-taught. They took the time to wade into the SDK- which is not written in Sumerian, taught them selves how to write code, 3d model, learned the graphics tools. Self taught. Its not rocket science-and even the first rocket scientists were self taught.

We pulled our selves as a species out of the monkey dung of our simian ancestors by getting out there and getting to grips, getting it on, made the tools, and touched other planets. Some of us , anyway. Its called motivation, or gumption, as my 'ol grandpappy called it. I'll keep working behind the scenes, doing what I can to assist these fine individuals, but the gimme kids and glandular excusoids have put this monkey right off slogging the big hours into projects as in years gone by. So before you roll in to shoot off the biscuit trap from a position of a grand total of fifteen minutes experience, think about that, and reconsider.

Just don't whine about getting flamed-something that doesn't happen much in the FS online communities, or if it does, its a small and polite(sort of) flame.

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to contribute my 2 cents worth too. I just signed up for 1yrs. membership. I'd been a user for awhile now,learning the ropes as a definite rookie. I downloaded Mr.

stones Cal Classic Lockheed Connie series. Specifically looking for EC-121. That I remember flying out of Otis AFB. during the sixties here on Cape Cod. I not only got it, but I was so impressed with the Quality that I said to my self I'm contributing. Thank you all. And, Thank you Mr. Stone.

Intel core 15 4670. corsair vengeance DDR3 8 GB. asrock z87 pro3mobo. 500 watt corsair cx 500v2 p.s.u. 2 TB H.D. sata 6.0 GB W.D. 500 GB W.D. velociraptor 64 10,000rpm 6 G.B. Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

CH products flight sim yoke and pro pedals. NVidia GTX 750 Ti 2 GB GDDR5.

I would like to add something here too. I am seeing that this is a very one-sided argument. I am here to contribute to both! :D Yay! So lets start off with the panel question, the thing which got this thread rolling. I also wondered about this but it didn't seem like such a big problem for me since I don't use the 2d panels. I was actually quite shocked at how rude a couple of these replies were. It's just a question! Don't take it personally! I'm sure Captainvic was just wondering why, as many of us wonder about many things, hence the need for these forums!

Now don't get me wrong, I appreciate what these people do for the fs community, but what I've never understood is that people make these amazing models and vc's only to not make a 2d panel... I do love the creators that take the time to give us these models and believe me I am thankful for them, but if they put that much time into making the models and vc, why not spend a fraction of that time making the panels. As I said, I don't use the 2d panels so I don't really care if there's one there or not but I do however appreciate the work the creators do and I am happy that they are freeware. By the way, feel free to rip me off since I have not made an aircraft or panel before so I don't know the time that it takes for each component. If I am wrong, I will say that I was wrong.

So the real reason that I felt the need to comment was the earlier post made by 'xgeraet'.

"laziness and glandular excuses

citing youth and laziness as reasons not to read a read me,or look at the SDK."

To me this suggested that he was saying that younger people e.g. teenagers (like me) were too lazy to bother with readme's or do stuff properly. I will say that I, and many others, are not too lazy to read the readme files and do stuff properly. I wont bang on about this any longer, I just thought that this was uncalled for and I had to point it out.

So I came here to take both sides and I think that I have done that successfully: Stood-up for Captainvic and ranted on about appreciating the work the creators do.

And on that bombshell...

Archived