Should i move to Prepar3d? :)

pmansen

Hi guys :)

I am flying on fsx at the moment and flying the pmdg 737 on ivao. Lately i have had some issues with fsx crashing and you know all the usual fsx stuff :( I am also looking into buying the pmdg 777. I have looked into Prepar3d and thought i maybe should go to p3d. So my questions is, should i buy P3d and pmdg 777? Does p3d also have alot of crashes our is it much better than fsx? Or should i just stick with fsx and buy the 777 for fsx? :)

Greetings

Phillip Salinas

No I am waiting like many others to see where Steam is going....but my FSX works pretty well after I did what people on this site said to do....so I am not going to spend any more money on something else until I know that it would be worth the move to a new simulator......it is as simple as that....al v

Ok thanks alot! :D would you say fsx steam is better than default fsx? :D

It handles VAS better when under heavy loads. Other than that, it's pretty much the

same. But if one has OOM problems with FSX, they very well may see an improvement

when running the same planes and high lead scenery under Steam.

I have Steam, but haven't been using it much yet, as I'm waiting for PMDG to issue

the NGX installer. I'm hoping Steam will let me run denser scenery with the NGX vs

what I can run under FSX. It should, being the tests done by a few have indicated.

Some may find this test/video interesting if they often OOM with FSX.

It handles VAS better when under heavy loads. Other than that, it's pretty much the

same. But if one has OOM problems with FSX, they very well may see an improvement

when running the same planes and high lead scenery under Steam.

I have Steam, but haven't been using it much yet, as I'm waiting for PMDG to issue

the NGX installer. I'm hoping Steam will let me run denser scenery with the NGX vs

what I can run under FSX. It should, being the tests done by a few have indicated.

Some may find this test/video interesting if they often OOM with FSX.

Why do there have to be a dedicated PMDG (any addon) installers for FSX-SE?

Would any scenery, including those earlier Aerosoft sceneries developed in 2007-2008. function in FSX-SE the same way as in FSX?

btw, to me, moving to P3D won't be a question as soon as they release the 64bit version (if there are such plans even, not sure).

I think it is enough of the stone-aged FSX limiting the progress of addon development.

Archived