VAS usage improved in P3D 2.5+

vgbaron

Just a casual observation - I have a flight plan from KBUR to KSFO using ILS 28R approach. Using the Carenado Citation 550, ASN and Orbx NCA - I have been unable to complete that flight without OOM using earlier versions.

Flew same flight, same conditions in 2.5+ and had a little over 250mb left according to FSUIPC when I parked and shut down.

Flight was smooth with no issues.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

One thing I noticed, and I am new to P3D and 2.5 is my first version, if I start a saved flight, I gain 500mb VAS. I have tested this a few times now, and results are the same. Not complaining, in fact I think it is great I can save VAS this way. So, I always begin my flights now with a saved flight.

in fact I think it is great I can save VAS this way. So, I always begin my flights now with a saved flight.

Would you please explain it in details .

How do you begin with a saved Flight which is not done before ?

Do you make a Flight Plan or a Scenario first ?

Alfons

Hi Alfons, in the start up screen select airport and gate of your choice, select aircraft, for example PMDG777, load the flight. When at the gate or runway, go to file, save and in the top box, put in unique file name, I use flight number like ANZ121, press save. Back in the cocpit, exit P3D, and restart.

At opening screen, select load flight, select your save flight, press ok, and your done.

Edit: before saving flight, make sure everything is loaded, wait a few mins before saving. Example, if using pmdg, make sure the countdown timer has completed.

Nice to hear that , Vic .

I'm very interested to hear your experience with the Mega Airport London Heathrow Extended from Aerosoft , if you would make another trial with v2.5 !

Alfons

I don't have that addon so am unable to test it. Perhaps another user can try it.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Alfons,

FTXG + ORBX GLOBAL + ORBX VECTOR + MAH + ORBX UK + MJ DASH = OOM on Takeoff.

However, I did change the the location once, from the default.

Alfons,

FTXG + ORBX GLOBAL + ORBX VECTOR + MAH + ORBX UK + MJ DASH = OOM on Takeoff.

However, I did change the the location once, from the default.

Here FTXG + ORBX GLOBAL + ORBX VECTOR + ORBX UK + UK addons airfields +REX Ess OD(inc Soft clouds) + Live weather + MJ DASH = Perfection.

No OOM. No VAS issues, not even when changing from the MJ Dash to the Carenado Citation II to the RA TDuke to the QW RJ in the same sim session.

Potentially, this suggests the common OOM factor is MAH, which I don't have. In which case the problem is why it is still installed, or unfixed by Aerosoft, as it clearly sucks.

No, the MAH itself is not a sole factor. It is just a combination of everything! Heaviest scenery for UK, heaviest scenery for EGLL (and the most detailed) and a memory-heavy aircraft (albeit PMDG 777 eats away way more!)

How did you install EDDF into the P3D?

This is the award-winning scenery Mega Airport Frankfurt developed by the German Airports Team for Microsoft Flight Simulator X and FS2004.

I installed it using the Migration Tool .

By the Way , Aerosoft has announced that they will release Version 2 of this Airport in

May which is also compatible with P3Dv2 .

Alfons

• 2 weeks later...

I'm unable to fly into Aerosoft EGLL with the PMDG 777 without an OOM either on final or during taxi, even if I restart a saved flight on approach. I'm using lowest resolution REX clouds, scenery sliders in the middle, AI 25%, ASN weather, Opus Camera. FTX Global/OpenLC with vector vs. FTX EU doesn't make that much difference. All other scenery addons are disabled in scenery library. Still get OOMS.

On the other hand, I can fly from FSDT KLAX to KDFW, scenery sliders almost maxed with no problem.

Todd

Intel i7 3770K 4.5 GHz, AsRock z77 Extreme4, Hyper 212 EVO, EVGA GTX 770 4GB, 8 GB G.Skill Trident 2400 MHz RAM, Viewsonic 27" LED, Crucial M4 256GB SSD (P3Dv2.1 and Windows 7), 2 X Seagate Barracuda HDD (P3Dv1.4 on 1 HDD)

I just got P3D today and love it right now...how do I get a 64 bit simulation as you mentioned Alfons73?

P3D is still a 32 bit Simulation Software . The only 64bit Simulation right now is X-Plane 10 , but there aren't so many Add-Ons available for it as for P3D .

We still have to wait untill some day the 64 bit Version of P3D may be released by Lockheed Martin !

Alfons

Archived