Can this behaviour be edited in AC.cfg?

donnybalonny

I have downloaded and I like the freeware Pilatus PC6 Porter ( pc-6c_h2turboporter.zip ) from Piglet (Tim Conrad) but it has one bahviour that I´m not so happy with:

when flying level at cruise speed (115kias) with the AC trimmed, if I trim down, the AC starts descending and accelerating and continues to do so. It descents more and accelerates more.

That is IMHO wrong, it should descent, accelerate and then start levelling out because of the gained speed???

Can this be edited in the Flight tuning or somewhere else in the AC.cfg or is it nescessary to work the airfile, which I cant.

Thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...

why don't you use the AP and when you want to change altitude you change the height by clicking in a new altitude. This way the pitch trim setting will do the trimming automatically. If you are hand flying and you enter negative pitch, to descend, the pitch will STAY at what you set it, all the way to a crash. The way to do it if hand flying is to reduce power, which will cause ac to descend, then pitch for rate of descent, and when you get to desired altitude, put back the pitch to whatever it needs to be for level flight. Only way to do it. AP or manual pitch set. There is no 'adjustment' to simulate 'auto (wing) incidence' effect. There is no such animal in either the Cfg or the Air file.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

There is no 'adjustment' to simulate 'auto (wing) incidence' effect. There is no such animal in either the Cfg or the Air file.

...or real life for that matter! :p

If you don't take your foot off the brake, a car will continue to decelerate.

If you don't re-trim for speed, a plane will continue to descend under the conditions described.

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

Archived