Improving propeller efficiency?

JSMR

Wondering what changes I can make in the cfg of a propeller driven aircraft that would reflect it having more efficient propellers fitted. i.e B200 King Air with Raisebeck mods such as new improved propellers? I'm guessing not a huge change needed. But something that would reflect a small increase in performance.

Any help appreciated.

The only way I know is to modify the curves in the .air file block 511 which is Propeller efficiency vs blade angle & advance ratio. Its best viewed with Herve Sors AFSD program as its displayed as a graph rather than a table.

If you want though to give it more speed in cruise or flat out, then try playing with the blade angle in the .cfg, but you can make it worse. Good luck

Keith

*update.

The 511 line looks a little intimidating. I didnt use that program you mentioned, but I might come back to it.

Tried messing with the blade angle but discovered that doesn seem to make a huge difference. Proper_scaler does if increased. Probably the best one to adjust.

Interesting on the Aeroworx King Air - mostly the reason for the questions - is that the prop_scaler figure changes slightly with other cfg changes. Strange.

Also strange is that you can change it and see a improved in a few knots, but it automatically goes back to its default setting each time. Not sure why.

Anyway, all good fun messing about with things I don't understand. :D

Archived