RPM Drop Amount (with Carb-heat)

Andysim

Does anyone know how to adjust the amount the RPM gauge drops when the carb-heat is on or the ignition switch is turned to one magneto? (Just Flight Flying Club X, Piper Warrior). It is currently quite small and I want to make it more realistic. About 75rpm drop. Andy

Hi Keith, It's currently only dropping about 10rpm. The maximum amount is 75rpm so I was wanting to experiment with a more obvious amount of 'drop'. Do you know how/where to alter the coding? Andy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Keith, It's currently only dropping about 10rpm. The maximum amount is 75rpm so I was wanting to experiment with a more obvious amount of 'drop'. Do you know how/where to alter the coding? Andy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possibly a bit crossed swords here I was only thinking about mag drop, but I would think about 10 rpm drop for carb heat is about right. As for changing the coding for that...sorry at the moment I have not come across it, but I will have to look & will report back if I find it!

Keith

The only reference I can find is in the .air file, item 323, which apparently puts an offset into a file. It does seem possible to hex edit the value, but what the outcome would be is beyond my ken. If you get any joy please post it for others.

Good luck

Keith

*.air file, item 323 is not used in FSX. Used in the earlier sims.

It is simply Carb Heat Available = True?, False? ...Don

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

Archived