Majestic Q400 and FSX Steam Edition

chr1s1231

Hi all

I have had FSX for a while along with the Majestic Dash 8 Q400, Captain Sim 767, Aerosoft Airbus X Extended and GSX. They all worked fine but FSX was not working. It continually crashed. I then bought FSX steam edition when it was released. I installed all my payware but none of them worked. Yesterday I tried again except I kept the original FSX installed and everything is working except the Dash 8. It loads and is flyable, but the only audio is the engines. There is no cockpit sounds like the sound of the throttle or the parking brake. There are no alarms either. There are no landing gears sounds or cabin announcements.

The installer installed the Dash 8 into the FSX steam directory where I told it to except it created its own Microsoft Flight Simulator Folder and the inside, its own effects and SimObjects folder. At that point the plane did not show in the aircraft list in FSX SE. I then put everything from the effects folder into the proper effects folder and moved the aircraft into the actual SimObjects folder. Then it started working as I described it above. Has anyone had this issue and does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance for the help

Chris

Archived