Dell XPS M1730 Severe Video and sound drop out every 4 seconds or so.

jjeff1955

I have a Dell XPS M1730 with the GTX9800M 2 gigs of memory and the X9000 3.4ghz CPU, and 8 gigs of memory.

I am getting a sever polling effect when I am sitting on the runway with the engines idling.

It is the C-133 Military aircraft. The first 10 seconds of idle is very smooth then it starts thumping the sound and the video stops with it also very briefly. But continues to cycle every 4 seconds or so. I have the internet wireless shut off and the anti virus turned off and many other services turned off as well. The Cessna seems to be excluded from this problem as well as many other aircraft that seem to idle smoothly, just this C-133? I have tried tweaking the aircraft config with no better results. I am starting to think that my High powered video card is defective. No overheating issues at all.

I have the same exact FS2004 setup on my tower desktop computer. The same config, modules and the complete FS2004 setup and it runs perfectly with no issues at all, Just on the Dell laptop am I having this problem.

Any help or suggested fixes would be great. Thanks for reading.

Archived