Multi player "follow other player" key sequence

goldhawk

Does any one know if this actually works?

I had two pc's networked, I set up a multi player session......

And when I did CNTRL SHIFT F ------------ supposedly follow other player....

According to key mapping. I did not notice it to do anything really.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

.::Gateway::. i5, 8GB Memory, 2gb Nvidia Video Card, Win7, FS9, FSX, P3D

Android User. Sometimes Ubuntu User.

Hi Joseph,

Yeah, it works.

You would need a minimum of 2 pilots logged into the same MP (multiplayer) session or there would essentially be nothing to see and therefore nothing the MSFS option could render.

Networking the two computers alone won't enable them to fetch what you are looking for unless they each have their own instance of MSFS running and they are joined together in the same MP session as Host and Client.

One instance on one computer could Host in the resident MSFS multiplayer screen and the other could find and join in it's resident MSFS multiplayer screen.

Once connected in a single multiplayer (same) session the "Follow" option would have something it could do.

Side Note:

You might need to search 127.0.0.1 for a session rather than the Host's actual internal IP ... ie 192.168.1.xxx with the xxx being whatever the Host computer was assigned.

Hope this helps,

salt_air

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Extensive flight planning is the key to proper operation.

CTRL-SHIFT-O select the pilot you want to follow in the upper right hand corner, CTRL-SHIFT-F will follow that player. Works like a charm. Say you have 5 pilots on the server you would hold hold down ctrl shift and keep hitting O till the player you want to follow is listed then ctrl shift F

//KMQY 081656Z 24009KT 10SM OVC025 14/08 A2995

Thanks, Salt, I did all that as in i could see both planes, on both screens, However what mqytn just said, I did not do the CTRL-Shift-O part, thank you both for responding.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

.::Gateway::. i5, 8GB Memory, 2gb Nvidia Video Card, Win7, FS9, FSX, P3D

Android User. Sometimes Ubuntu User.

Archived