Airport Location Problem

gearednz

As a newbie to X-plane I am having a problem with the location for the New Zealand airport of Dargaville NZDA.

Selecting this airport resulted in the airport resting in the middle of the river, like an aircraft carrier, and not where it should be on the south shore.

Using the co-ordinates S 35 56 23 E 173 53 37 in Google Earth comes up with the airport at its correct location on the south shore.

Using Overlay Editor, with those same co-ordinates, it comes up with the airport in the river and a little to the west partly under the highway bridge. The shape and width of the river seems to be OK when compared with Google Earth.

So I am a bit puzzled as to why this should be.

Other airports all seem OK when I use their appropriate co-ordinates, just NZDA seems to be wrong.

Is there a method where I can delete the mid river location and re-site in the proper place?

John

Yes I started with this link and you will see from the attachments what my problem is. The screen shot from the downloaded file shows the airport in the middle of the river while Google places it in its proper position on the south bank. Dargaville.JPGDargaville-2.jpg

I checked the co-ordinates, and there's nothing wrong with the apt.dat file. Spot on !

I guess you could try to relocate the airport using Worldeditor http://developer.x-plane.com/tools/worldeditor/

Perhaps a bit daunting for a newbie.

Perhaps you could simply report the problem with the "Report a problem in this scenery pack" button ? http://gateway.x-plane.com/scenery/page/NZDA

-----

Ah, I see Dom has already offered his services :)

Thanks Dom and RatRace

Yes Dom if you can move the airport for me to the south side of the river I would be more than happy. Perhaps I will fly in and out of Dargaville at time of high tide so that the island may not be visible !!!

Do you want me to send a file to you for modification or will you download one for me?

Thank you for your service, very much appreciated.

John

Thanks Dom and RatRace

Yes Dom if you can move the airport for me to the south side of the river I would be more than happy. Perhaps I will fly in and out of Dargaville at time of high tide so that the island may not be visible !!!

Do you want me to send a file to you for modification or will you download one for me?

Thank you for your service, very much appreciated.

John

Hi John,

PM sent;)

Cheers

Dom

Archived