Aerosoft Airbus problem in P3D

Sgav8r

So I just got P3D (v2.4) and it's awesome! It's really everything I ever wanted out of FSX but never had the system to run! I recently bought a nice gaming laptop so I'm back in to "flight simming" and I'm enjoying the heck out of P3D.

It didn't take long but I started really wishing P3D had a "real" airliner in its default vehicle list. I miss the old B737 from FS9 and FSX. I started shopping around for an add-on and I came across the Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319 on flightsimstore.com. The price was right so I bought it and downloaded it today. Installation seemed to go smoothly and it wasnt long before I was in P3D selecting one of my new planes!

That's where the problems began. All my Airbus planes are listed in my vehicles and they're selectable. They show up on the runway and all the camera views work. They look and sound great. Problem is you can't control then. The joystick will not control the plane, even using the mouse and keyboard, you cannot get the plane to operate. It just sits on the runway and it sounds like the engines are running but the panel in the cockpit is not all lit up and there's no way to throttle up the engines. I monkeyed around with it for quite a while and have not been able to get it to work. I downloaded "Aerosoft Launcher" and used it to configure my joystick, still no luck. I'm at a complete loss.

Try to reinstall the airbus.

Have you run the configuration manager in the start menu?

Do other aircraft respond to joystick inputs?

Is the joystick configured in the controls menu (sorry for stating the obvious but it may help!)

Is the airbus registered OK with the Aerosoft registration key (it shouldn't be possible to install it without the key being accepted so I doubt if it is the problem)

I can assure you the Aersoft Airbus works beautifully in P3D when installed correctly into a suitable system so there must be something not right.

Yes. The joystick (Logitech Extreme 3D Pro) works great with other aircraft. And the software seemed to install correctly with the registration key they gave me. At the time of the original posting I had not seen the configurator tool or any of the software manuals in my download. Turns out all that stuff ended up in my "apps" (windows 8.1 thing I guess). Weird!

So I contacted Aerosoft and they suggested using the config tool and reading the manual (#7 covers throttle issues). I went back in last night and I was on there literally until dawn this morning trying to get it to work. Absolutely no success at all. In fact it began giving me a CTD any time I'd choose the Airbus and then try to select a different aircraft.

I also noticed that each time I started up P3D it would state that RAAS needed to be updated. This would be the RAAS that's included in the airbus bundle. I gave in finally after getting tired of seeing that pop-up and updated RAAS. After that everything went haywire. P3D would CTD if I selected any aircraft and it wiped out my saved flights. Suffice it to say I got pissed at that point and uninstalled the whole shebang. Everything RAAS and Aerosoft was uninstalled. P3D works fine for me now so I'm happy about that.

I have no idea what happened. I really wanted to enjoy that Airbus! But I'm kind of soured on the whole experience now and I asked flightsimstore for a refund. We will see what happens. All I want is a decent jet airliner to fly in P3D, nothing too complex!

Yes. The joystick (Logitech Extreme 3D Pro) works great with other aircraft. And the software seemed to install correctly with the registration key they gave me. At the time of the original posting I had not seen the configurator tool or any of the software manuals in my download. Turns out all that stuff ended up in my "apps" (windows 8.1 thing I guess). Weird!

So I contacted Aerosoft and they suggested using the config tool and reading the manual (#7 covers throttle issues). I went back in last night and I was on there literally until dawn this morning trying to get it to work. Absolutely no success at all. In fact it began giving me a CTD any time I'd choose the Airbus and then try to select a different aircraft.

I also noticed that each time I started up P3D it would state that RAAS needed to be updated. This would be the RAAS that's included in the airbus bundle. I gave in finally after getting tired of seeing that pop-up and updated RAAS. After that everything went haywire. P3D would CTD if I selected any aircraft and it wiped out my saved flights. Suffice it to say I got pissed at that point and uninstalled the whole shebang. Everything RAAS and Aerosoft was uninstalled. P3D works fine for me now so I'm happy about that.

I have no idea what happened. I really wanted to enjoy that Airbus! But I'm kind of soured on the whole experience now and I asked flightsimstore for a refund. We will see what happens. All I want is a decent jet airliner to fly in P3D, nothing too complex!

Your last sentence baffles me. The Aerosoft Airbus is one of the most complex addons ever created for flight simulation, so your choice of purchase was suspect from the outset, as was your methodology toward operating it - didnt bother looking at the manuals before posting?

I'm also confused by your choice of sim - 'simple' is FSX territory, and you're required to treat P3D as a study sim by the EULA.

And I dont think Flightsimstore do refunds either. Another manual you should have read.

Thanks for the snarky reply. No I didnt look at any manuals before install because like I said they installed several of the parts of the download in my Windows 8.1 apps area. I'm new to windows 8.1 so I was baffled by that and didn't find my manuals and Configurator etc until the next day. Had you read my previous post thoroughly you might have caught that.

Also, thank you for you concern regarding my use of Lockheed Martin's EULA, that's very big of you to be looking after their interests. I am a licensed private pilot and I'm working on my instrument rating so P3D is a great tool for me. I'm also very familiar with FSX. I've used every version of flight simulator since the old SubLogic flight simulator II on my Atari 520st in the 1980's.

Mostly I just use the single engine prop planes in P3D but I just wanted a good quality jet airliner to play with (like my good ole days in FSX) and I assumed the Aerosoft Airbus would be a great choice even though it's a complex sim. By "not complex" I meant that it would be simple to install and get started.

It didn't take long but I started really wishing P3D had a "real" airliner in its default vehicle list. I miss the old B737 from FS9 and FSX. I started shopping around for an add-on and I came across the Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319 on flightsimstore.com. The price was right so I bought it and downloaded it today. Installation seemed to go smoothly and it wasnt long before I was in P3D selecting one of my new planes!

That's where the problems began. All my Airbus planes are listed in my vehicles and they're selectable. They show up on the runway and all the camera views work. They look and sound great. Problem is you can't control then. The joystick will not control the plane, even using the mouse and keyboard, you cannot get the plane to operate. It just sits on the runway and it sounds like the engines are running but the panel in the cockpit is not all lit up and there's no way to throttle up the engines. I monkeyed around with it for quite a while and have not been able to get it to work. I downloaded "Aerosoft Launcher" and used it to configure my joystick, still no luck. I'm at a complete loss.

I have the AS Extended 318/319 and the 320 321, installed in P3D. All my rudders, elevators, etc. work fine.

Afer reading your post, I thought maybe the onboard computer was messing with your Airbus (the flight control switches -marked FLT CTL: ELAC1, etc. on the overhead panel. Or maybe not. My FCS switches in my P3D Aerosoft version are inactive, btw).

They did an update to the Airbus Extended series. I did not get it. maybe those broken switches got fixed in that update, idk.

Unfortunately my pc can't handle the AS Airbus complexity. Big fps hit running these Airbuses, so I basically wrote this AS Extended A318/9/20/21 purchase off as a bad decision...

That's a first for me. I have had nothing but success with all my previous Aerosoft planes. Not so much with this Airbus series.

So for my Airbus fix it's the default A 321, or the Just Flight A 320. At least they run fine in P3D. No fps hits whatsoever.

Which leads me to this:

If you do have FSX now, why not port over the default Boeing 737, or the default Airbus 321? They work perfectly in P3D.

Simply copy the files over to their respective folders.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

my flight simming system: Windows 10 CyberPower PC i5 6600k 3.5 gHz, Gigabyte NVidia GTX 970 graphics, with FSX, FSXSE and P3D all installed side-by-side on a Crucial 525 SSD. Dual monitors, with a Saitek X52 joystick w/ rudder pedals for controls. It's all powered by a Thermaltake TR2 Gold 700W power supply sitting in a Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 case.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So for my Airbus fix it's the default A 321, or the Just Flight A 320. At least they run fine in P3D. No fps hits whatsoever.

Which leads me to this:

If you do have FSX now, why not port over the default Boeing 737, or the default Airbus 321? They work perfectly in P3D.

Simply copy the files over to their respective folders.

I've resisted even installing FSX on my new computer simply because it's window 8.1 and I dont think it would run very well. Also I never knew you could port over FSX aircraft with no problem. How easy is that to do? I'm not really savvy with getting in to program files and moving stuff around. I always feel like I'm going to do irreparable damage!

The Just Flight A321 sounds like it might be a good option though. I'll have to look for that. Is it compatable with P3D 2.4?

As far as installing FSX on W8.1, there are many threads here discussing said topic. That said, good luck with weeding through them all to fix the FSX to W8.1, and to get FSX to run right in W8... :D

If and when you do find out how you got FSX installed correctly into W8, please let us know how you got on with it.

Unfortunately for us W7 users, our days are numbered. And then we W7 users will also def need the transition help then :o :(

I sent you a pm regarding the FSX default plane installation into P3D.

When I get more time, I will elaborate further in this thread for those here who could benefit also.

Hope this helps, and good luck with the (your hopeful FSX installation into W8.1) excursion... :cool:

my flight simming system: Windows 10 CyberPower PC i5 6600k 3.5 gHz, Gigabyte NVidia GTX 970 graphics, with FSX, FSXSE and P3D all installed side-by-side on a Crucial 525 SSD. Dual monitors, with a Saitek X52 joystick w/ rudder pedals for controls. It's all powered by a Thermaltake TR2 Gold 700W power supply sitting in a Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 case.

I find myself regularly in a situation with the AXE where engines are running but nothing else is, depends on the default flight that gets loaded on startup (of the sim). But even so, it is possible to fire up the AXE nevertheless, just follow the described procedures, starting with electrical. The control surfaces will only start moving if pretty much everything else is powered and running, it is a FBW system after all.

Here is what I would do:

- turn UAC down or off on your WIN 8

- make a backup copy of your P3D main directory

- reinstall the AXE and make sure the installer gets run "as administrator"

- configure the AXE with the tool

- fire up p3d, choose the AXE

- if the engines are running, shut them down

- switch on batteries and APU, then, on the right FMC, either choose a ready for takeoff panel state or start the checklist and captain/fo simulation. They will fire up the plane for you.

- first time you can actually check your controls is when they are calibrated, somewhere around pushback/taxi

Oh, as for complex/simple: the thing is, the AXE is a very complex piece of software, where obviously some stuff got implemented outside and around the sims own mechanisms. This complexity makes it picky and tricky to set up. As an addon plane it is not suited too well to "jump in and play", but much better than some of the more 'serious' ones. But a lot of fun nevertheless, even if you just let the simulated captain and FO do all the necessary work.

as for complex/simple: the thing is, the AXE is a very complex piece of software, where obviously some stuff got implemented outside and around the sims own mechanisms.

This complexity makes it picky and tricky to set up. As an addon plane it is not suited too well to "jump in and play", but much better than some of the more 'serious' ones. But a lot of fun nevertheless, even if you just let the simulated captain and FO do all the necessary work.

Thank you for posting the procedure. Very good to know.

You are absolutely correct about this being a very complex piece of software.

But by me having a top end graphics card -installed by me for P3D- with a middle of the road motherboard taxes my limitations, my machine simply can't handle the VC.

Other than that, it is one of the most visually detailed planes I own, and even without a vc it is indeed fun to fly as it sits for me now, even on a 'mid-level at best' pc. It gives me decent fps', as long as I stay out of the cockpit :D

I've never tried out the co captain features yet, so maybe I'm missing a lot there, and I'm sure once I get to know and understand the co-pilot and RAAS better, it would make my Airbus experience that much more better.

Thanks for replying.

I may have to try and re-install the thing. It sounds pretty awesome and it did look cool when I had it on there. I can take the complexity of it and the fact that there will be a learning curve getting used to it's controls, but what I can't stand is when it starts to CTD. That's a deal-breaker for me. But now that I'm a little more "educated" about it I may try to install it again. I won't if Flightsimstore refunds my purchase price but it's doubtful that will happen. One thing i didn't do originally that I should have was install it "as administrator". I seldom remember to do that and I suppose that could cause problems.

Don't think the AXE is that complex as a simulation from a usability point of view. By using the captain/fo feature it can be made suitable for anyone.

What I meant is that the software = the code is complex, and as such prone to cause problems when introduced into an even more complex piece of software (P3D and Win8 itself). I would advise to read all available install documentation first, then forum posts dealing with P3D on Win 8, then work out a strategy for a successful reinstall. The administrator/UAC part is crucial since Win7, installers simply are no longer allowed to write whatever they want where they want. Not even you as the user have that option. Best to turn UAC off completely when dealing with P3D

• 1 month later...
I have P3D and the Aerosoft A319/320/321. I know how this sounds but no major problems. Different operating systems and computers give varying results. Having said that I did have a problem with the A320/321 addition. The throttle was reversed. There is a way to reverse the throttle in the configuration program. I then had a material failure of my 15 year old Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS. I was able to purchase a Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS at a reasonable price and installed it. After about 3 weeks of frustration and a comment by "PIMD in the P3D forum I found the answer which may be your issue. He suggested I look in the Options Controls HOTAS throttle AXIS menu to see what axis was assigned to the throttle. Turns out it said "button 7" not "Z". Check to see if your joystick axis is "X" and "Y". If not reassign them. If this works it because of "PIMD"'s knowledge. The Aerosoft Airbus is worth the effort to find out what the issue is.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived