A great Nice, Smooth, Simple but Effective FREE Weather Generator / Injector...

jcomm

Ok, this stopped being fun about an hour ago. I just bought the registered version of FSUIPC4 so I could try this weather generator. Assume I have to create an account to download it. Get stuck at registration screen asking: What caption has the most top-left button of the FSXWX GUI?

I've tried typing, copy & paste on many pages on first & beyond the first screen. (first try was Home)

Can anyone give me a clue without spilling the beans?

Sorry, guess I wasn't clear. FSXWX says needs FSUIPC registered version (had free version before, have FSUIPC registered version installed now).

It's the FSXWX download I'm having trouble with. (their installation instructions show screen settings in registered FSUIPC that should be set for best weather depiction)

Don't know what FSXWX is requesting for login question. (was a computer programmer for 40 years and English is my native language, but can't fathom what they want for a reply, must be an age thing)

Again, FSXWX does not require registered FSUIPC.

All that is required is FSXWX-client and free FSUIPC.

To update the weather stations you also need to install the wxmapping and wxstation files (BackUp the originals!! )

That's it.

That's all I have installed (plus free cloud textures), and when I see lightning out the real life window, and the fly past my house in the sim there's lightning there as well! FSXWX metars and RL Metars always match.

The other stuff, mentioned lower, like registered FSUIPC, Textures, ENB, etc are all external programs that add things in their own right.

Registered FSUIPC can be used to adjust winds, whether you use FSXWX or not.

The textures listed there are payware, a little weird with a freeware like FSXWX.

There are also free textures available, from Aime Leclerq:

(back up originals!! )

https://sites.google.com/site/aimecreations/

ENB enhances colours, whether you use FSXWX or not.

None of this extra stuff is Required to get accurate weather with FSXWX.

Some, like ENB, can also cause conflicts with other addons sometimes, so do not "quickly install everything".

Do some reading up on them first.

I'm sorry, I don't know about logging in in the registered version of FSUIPC. I'll have a look.

Or do you mean a login is required for FSXWX?? I don't get such a login here.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You do not have to register at the FSXWX site to get the app. SImply download it from the link bellow.

As a matter of fact I myself am not registered, but I do intend to complete my registration to be able to post at their Forum.

http://www.plane-pics.de/fsxwx/instructions.htm ( in the folder icon under "FSXWX Client", near the beginning of the page.

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

I dreamed of becoming an airline pilot, but didn't fight enough for it... Simulators give me the chance to play being one...

Found FSXWX is a PITA, going back to FSrealWX lite for now. The ThermalDescriptions.xml I will keep for now for testing.

FSXWX needs me to switch from FSX to FSXWX and back, my system locks up FSX when I do that, when I restart FSX the same weather follows me around thousands of miles away.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. At least some FSX settings and thermal descriptions may have been worth the effort.

Found FSXWX is a PITA, going back to FSrealWX lite for now. The ThermalDescriptions.xml I will keep for now for testing.

FSXWX needs me to switch from FSX to FSXWX and back, my system locks up FSX when I do that, when I restart FSX the same weather follows me around thousands of miles away.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. At least some FSX settings and thermal descriptions may have been worth the effort.

Then you didnt install it correctly, check the posts above

Sorry to "ear", but at the same time, a completely different experience from mine - who am finding it really very good in many aspects!

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

I dreamed of becoming an airline pilot, but didn't fight enough for it... Simulators give me the chance to play being one...

Ok, now me. Lately the program just shuts itself down mid flight. Of course I don't realize it until I minimize the sim and see its gone. When I re launch, it asks if I want to send an error message.

I might go back to the lite version.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Kingnorris,

I noticed that too suddenly, started very recently. I had been using FSXWX for 6 months I think.

I checked the website and looked if there was a new version.

Nothing advertised about that, but I decided to try and download anyway to see if there is a difference.

I installed it (well, 'install' not required of course, just unzipping the folder.) and ran the new one to test.

FSXWX is indeed updated.

The version has changed from 1.3.12 to 1.3.13 and the 'SET' button for the route is gone. You now just enter the route right away and click 'CONNECT'.

(When checking file details I didn't see the new version number, but when running the program you see it written at the top.)

Now, no more issue, works smooth again.

Enjoy! il88pp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3 days ago I found the 1.3.13 version

Seems now the latest version is 1.4.1

Development going fast obviously!

I see only one version here for download (in step2).

http://www.plane-pics.de/fsxwx/instructions.htm

When I click 'changelog' in step2 I find the version history

http://www.plane-pics.de/fsxwx/forum/viewtopic.php?id=25

The changelog says v2.0 is under development.

Kingnorris, did you find the 4 versions on a different page/site? If so, could you post a link?

To be clear, I am in no way involved with the creation / development of fsxwx

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Kingnorris,

I thought(from your previous post and your 'thank you') that you were using FSXWX.

My messages about the recent updates were about FSXWX.

fsrealwx is a different program.

Do what you feel comfortable with. I can't really Judge fsrealwx, haven't used it for a while. I assume a fsrealwx v2.0 is better then the older versions.

I love FSXWX, but that's just one opinion.

Maybe read this thread again from the beginning if you want to try FSXWX, not everything mentioned on the website is necessary to install.

You could just download the client and run it. That should already give you an impression of the program.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi altogether,

I am the developer of FSXWX and recently found this thread. And I think it is good idea to answer some question because there is clearly some confusion.

Confusion sets in. Lol. Yes, I use the free FSReal one.

I admit, FSXWX was probably not the best name for another flight sim weather engine (with FSrealWX already existent). But when I started about 2,5 years ago with the programming I hadn't really expected that I will become somehow popular and so I didn't think too long about a pretty name. So I apologize for all the naming confusion... ;-)

FSXWX is indeed updated. The version has changed from 1.3.12 to 1.3.13 Weird, mine is version 1.4.1 now

The latest version is always stated in the CHANGELOG forum thread: http://www.plane-pics.de/fsxwx/main.php?page=forum&topic=25

The newest version is always available at the download link of the "FSXWX Client" section from the "Instructions" page. I don't keep older version for download on the website!

FSXWX needs me to switch from FSX to FSXWX and back, my system locks up FSX when I do that

No need for that. Just connect FSXWX when the FSX start menu is displayed (where you select the aircraft, airport, etc.). And you can also use FSXWX in a network configuration (with WideFS).

when I restart FSX the same weather follows me around thousands of miles away.

Probably a missing step. Please read the instructions again and confirm that at least Step 1/2/3 are done correctly.

There is no need for the registered version of FSUIPC. I use FSXWX with fsuipc unregistered and it works just fine.

Yes indeed, you don't really need the registered version. I recommend to have it anyhow, because of the wind smoothing options of FSUIPC. As this might had been formulated somehow confusing on the website, I changed the formulations.

It's the FSXWX download I'm having trouble with. (their installation instructions show screen settings in registered FSUIPC that should be set for best weather depiction)

It seems to me that you clearly mix up certain things here. For download and setup, please read the "Instructions" carefully and ensure that you don't miss a step.

Don't know what FSXWX is requesting for login question. (was a computer programmer for 40 years and English is my native language, but can't fathom what they want for a reply, must be an age thing)

Get stuck at registration screen asking: What caption has the most top-left button of the FSXWX GUI? I've tried typing, copy & paste on many pages on first & beyond the first screen. (first try was Home) Can anyone give me a clue without spilling the beans?

The registration and login is ONLY FOR THE FORUM! And the question "the most top-left button of the FSXWX GUI" is only meant to stop bots from automatic registering. Once you open FSXWX (the downloadable client) you will figure out what the caption of the button is...

Last but not least: Thanks for all the positive statements from those who haven't any troubles!

Regards

Robert

• 4 months later...

I just found this application and started to use it last night.

Thank you for making such an app.

My question though is this.

After launching FSXWX and FSX, what is the setting I have to choose for the weather WITHIN FSX to ensure that it is using the FSXWX weather?

There are like 4 options, and I am unsure exactly which one I should choose.

Archived