How to start FSCaptain

esorensendk

and pressed "Commited" or something like that

If you don't know what buttons you are pressing it is highly unlikely that you will ever start it

RTFM

Bruce

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]I5-2500k@ 4.5Ghz/ 16 GB Gskill DDR3 1600/Nvidia GTX460 1GB// CH Yoke/Pedals/Throttle/TrackIR/Win7/ Fsx Deluxe SP1 & SP2

"Don't let fear or good judgment hold you back"

FSCaptain consists of two separate parts.

1. The Fs Captain administration console you obivously know already

2. The ACARS gauge in your plane

You need to install the ACARS gauge into all of your aircraft or use the external FCOM console. Then, when you have chosen a flight in the administration console, you start up FSX, then set up Free Flight on your departure airport at the right time. Once in the cockpit you open the ACARS gauge and you are set.

Unfortunately there is a lot more to it. You really need to dig through the manuals a lot to get it right.

Thanks Nuitkati, i thing my problem is on the FCDU, when i launch it, its just one square black box.

When i launch FCDU ACARS on my computer, it has a side-by-side problem, witch should be a big problem. :(

When you use the external FCDU you need to uncheck the option in FSX where it pauses when you switch to an external process.

If you still have problems with multiple windows, try the gauge version (using the ACARS Installer), it should work fine.

Stick with the gauge version for now, the external can have it's own problems.

For the gauge: either the DLL or the ACARS itself obviously didn't install right. Is this the default 737 or some addon? Did you use the ACARS installer and in which position did you put it? Try to always use the same window in every plane so you don't have to memorize different keyboard shortcuts. Check your "Add-ons" menu if FSCaptain is in there (or have a look at your DLL.XML).

You are running FSX-SE, right? Did you install it in the standard folders or did you change something while installing? Are you using FSX boxed as well or is SE alone on your system? Make sure that FSCaptain is directed to the correct FSX-SE place on your computer (the one in the Steam folders) and does not get installed where the boxed version used to be. To check this have a look at your "Program Files (x86)" - folder - if you find "Microsoft Games/Flight Simulator X/FSCaptain" in there, your installation of FSCaptain went wrong and you need to unsinstall and repeat it.

Btw, the folks in the FSCaptain support forum are very helpful as well - have you checked there? Could be the Simconnect problem some addons have with FSX-SE.

http://fscaptain.proboards.com/thread/1167/fcom-fcdu-window-black-rectangle

"User Guide.pdf", page 5 and following:

FS Captain has to be installed in the FSX directory. With FSX-SE this is in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX

(assuming you are running a 64 bit Windows and default FSX SE installation)

Uninstall FSCaptain and reinstall with the correct path.

Archived