FS9 Weather updating

gdr54

I have had a problem with the weather updating using the Microsoft weather engine. It is now telling me that an error occured while downloading weather, please3 check my internet connection and configuration.

Best of my knowledge I have not changed anything and my internet conx is working fine. I have changfed out the module files and after no success removed and reinstalled FS9 and getting the same error message. I am not sure what I might have fat fingured or what but I did a complete check om my motem (Time Warner) and I am on the internet now.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

GDR54

FS9 weather/Jeppeson has had problems like this for the last several years. If you want "Real World" weather, best to get a 3rd party program such as FSRealWX Lite ot Pro, and use that. Or, if you prefer the payware route, I understand ActiveSky Next is the tops.

Hope this helps a bit...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

I use Active Sky but I've had it where like a light switch it changes from cloudy to clear in a flash, I hate that.

I wonder if FSUIPC settings have anything to do with it, I've read on other threads where people have had probs and changed the settings and it had improved.

Course everyone's PC isn't the same so what suites one might be hopeless on another but it would be nice if there were some kind of list for low, medium and high tech/memory PC.

I have not one problem with the real weather in FS9. I have set for the 15 min update and with winds aloft. I have a registered version of FSUIPC, although not sure which one, never messed with any of the settings on it. It has worked on all the computers I've put it on for the last 10 years. Using win 98 to 7. By the way Here in Mexico we don't have the best of IP connections either.
P3Dv4.5, nothing but Gigs of ORBX, REX 4 TD, REX WW Airports HD, SkyForce 3D, ASP4. I7 8700 CPU Liquid Cooled, 32g 3200 mem, GTX 1080ti on an ASUS Prime Z370-A Motherboard with Win 10. Goflight GF166A VRP, 2 X RP48, GF-T8. CH Pro Yoke and Pedals.

@dog4zero above,

what are your settings for FSUIPC if you don't mind sharing them and is you PC a high, med or low end spec?

My next thought would be the graphics card/type, they say Nvidia is the best for FS but lots of us must have other types so will that play a part as well?

I will have to check. I have adjusted anything and up until 3 weeks ago the weather was updating every 25 mins. I am trying to figure out how or if I did something to keep yhe flight sim from connecting to whatever the FS9 weather engine connects to for weather ipdating. I continue to get the error message that my internet connection is not working and may need adjustment. My version of FSUIPC is 3.99.

at this point the Active Sky for FS9 looks like a way to go, l am just trying to figure out if domethong has been turned off because my connection to the internet on the computer is working fine.

Thanks for the help

I had that happen to me a while ago, when I tried for online weather I got the same message, I never to my knowledge changed anything but now it works.

I sometimes use it but mostly Active Sky, I still get the sudden change though from very cloudy to clear in a flash, this is why I'm thinking something else is triggering it like FSUIPC but I may be wrong.

What is that way, to uninstall FSUIPC but some programs need it to work so then it's the settings so this is what I was asking, what are the best (standard) settings?

I have tweaked it a few times, I think I have cracked it then it quick change happens again?

Archived