Can not buy FSX Original anymore?

esorensendk

I don't think FSX was ever released as a download except for a demo version from MS.

Win 7 HP 64 bit, Zalman Z9 Plus case

Asus P8Z77-V LX Mobo ,i7 3770 3.4ghz CPU

16GB DDR3 1600mhz ,GeForce GTX 660 2GB GDDR5 OC

1TB Seagate Hybrid SSHD

Why is it, that i cant buy FSX Original anymore?

What does 'Original' mean?

For the record FSX was released in three editions:

Standard released in 2006

Deluxe Edition incorporates additional features, including an on-disc software development kit (SDK), three airplanes with the Garmin G1000 Flightdeck, and the ability for the player to act as Air Traffic Control (ATC) for other online users with a radar screen.

Aircraft available in the Deluxe Edition but not in the standard edition include the Agusta Westland AW101, Boeing F/A-18 Hornet, the Grumman G-21A Goose and the P-51D Mustang. The Maule Orion is flyable in the Deluxe edition but as AI aircraft in the standard Edition.

Gold Edition combines the Deluxe Edition and the Acceleration expansion pack into one.

^^^

True.

Just be patient if the Steam is all you can get right now. All the popular, currently supported add-ons will eventually be supported for Steam. The more noise Steam players make on the support sites for products, the more likely and quickly these will get added.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Aircraft available in the Deluxe Edition but not in the standard edition include the Agusta Westland AW101, Boeing F/A-18 Hornet, the Grumman G-21A Goose and the P-51D Mustang. The Maule Orion is flyable in the Deluxe edition but as AI aircraft in the standard Edition.

FTR, the Agusta Westland AW101, Boeing F/A-18 Hornet,and the P-51D Mustang are not included in the Deluxe version.

They come in the Acceleration addon pack.

Also, I think the Goose is also AI in the Standard version, might be wrong about that.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Also, I think the Goose is also AI in the Standard version, might be wrong about that.

peace,

the Bean

You are right on, as usual, sir! Now if you are sneaky, like me, there is a freeware Goose available that flies nicely!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

FTR, the Agusta Westland AW101, Boeing F/A-18 Hornet,and the P-51D Mustang are not included in the Deluxe version.

They come in the Acceleration addon pack.

peace,

the Bean

Drat, and I thought Wiki were never wrong!..;)

I don't think FSX was ever released as a download except for a demo version from MS.

FSX Standard, Deluxe and Gold were sold for four years through Microsoft's Store as downloadable products. This was discontinued about the same time that the DTG/Microsoft agreement was announced.

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

Archived